Caged In Demon Arms [10] Wolf Prince

Chapter 10: Wolf Prince Of Nilsa

My heartbeat slowed in pace at the sight of Rath's intense violet eyes. Surprisingly they weren't facing me but the man beside me, who he was practically boring holes into as though wanting it to burn his very flesh till he was ash.

A light grip that had somehow snaked its way to my waist tightens while dragging me closer to the man.

"So good to see you Rath, I've been wondering how things have been with you dear friend." The words from a distance seem forthcoming but from my point it came more like a sneer.

"What are you doing here Lumen." The tone Rath was using sends shiver down my spine. He apparently didn't like what was going on.

"Nothing to do with your matters, I just though it would be rude not to introduce my self to this fair maiden here." The man Rath had calls Lumen answers casually, placing another arm around me.

"I'd suggest you'd return back to your home, Nilsa. I hear it's been under some difficulties since you haven't found a mate yet." At this, Lumen scoffs, letting go of me before whispering in my ear.

"That was he thinks. See you later sweetie."

Giving me a wink, He pulls out a rose from his pocket, delicately handing it to me before leaning in and placing a peck on my cheeks. My face began to burn when he pulled away, leaving me to watch as his slender form disappeared behind the door, leaving Rath and me in the empty studies.

Weakly gazing up, I spot Rath's heated gaze glaring down before me, causing me to inwardly shutter at its intensity.

'He's glaring at me..what did I do?!'

"Rath?..I can explain-"I try to defend myself now before Rath got any ideas but was shortly cut off by his commanding voice.

"Do you have any idea what you just done?" He says darkly, his back now towards me. I shudder at the odd feeling admitting from his body.

"D-done what?" I stutter out, hoping he didn't hear the anxiety within it.

"You led him on didn't you Kara?!" Raths tone roars, twisting to face me with his madden eyes.

"What, No! I did not, I don't even know what I did. He just kissed me out of no were for Christ sakes!" I defend back, my fear drowning into emotions at his terms.

"Don't act like you don't know what you did. Now he's singled you out!" He gives an unexpected sigh, plopping onto one of his chairs in the room while running one of his pale hands through his glossy hair.

"Singled..me out..?" My brown deeps wonder to the rose, seemly harmless from my view.

"Yes he chose you." stats simply, his tone not quite amused.

"Chose me? For what?" I inquire with interest, curiosity getting the best of me.

"As his future mate." He murmurs very softly, so faint it was unheard by my delicate ears.

"What?" I whisper softly, wondering if what I heard was right.

"Never mind, just get ready for your work." Waving me off, I obey and proceed to the doors until Raths voice called out to me.

"And Kara..I don't want you to go near him. Okay?" Astonishingly his voice held a hint of concern.

'I see..he's just worried for my sake.'

"Yes." Nodding with a small smile, I quietly closed the wooden doors, almost catching a glimpse of Raths soften gaze. Almost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------