Police and Parents

Start from the beginning

"I tried to avoid the situation, but we all know how my temper has a short fuse... I lost it, and I exchanged a few words with Vector and even hit Sonic in my act of brought on rage. Anything Sonic might have done was in pure self-defense. I take full responsibilities for any brought on charges... And Sonic, I apologize." He said nodding to me casually and turned his head away leaning in his chair as the door opened and both my mother and father walked in.

My mother went crazy. As soon as she walked in she went to screaming questions. "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!?! YOUR IN HANDCUFFS!? WHY ARE THE POLICE HERE!? WHY DID YOU GET INTO A FIGHT!?! I RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THIS!!" She was so infuriated that I could see she just wanted to slap me. But she held back due to school staff eyes watching.

I bowed my head and pinned my ears back and felt my eyes flood with tears again. I hadn't time to proses and register what Shadow had said but now thrown on top of all of this is now knowing I've disrespected my Mother and Father and they were disappointed in me.

"Calm down honey, we haven't even got the full story of what went on." My dad said putting a hand on her shoulder.

After getting my mother to calm down both my parents sat next to me, they seemed not to even pay attention to Shadow who sat across from us. 

"Alright so what happened?" My father asked me and the principal. We both glanced at Shadow, hoping he would explain what happened in his perfect words again.

"I'm not saying it twice." He grumbled. If his arms weren't tied behind his back he would have crossed them forward and pouted.

The principal did her best to recap his statement and mom turned to me.

"Is that what happened?" She asked.

"Yes." I nodded, "I was sitting with my friends when I heard Vector yelling and calling me names and then Shadow arrived and at first we tried to avoid the situation but... Well that didn't turn out how we planned."

"This young man here?" Dad finally analyzed Shadow lounging about like a king in the chair. "Did you say his name is Shadow?"

"Yeah..." I gasped in realization. I had told my parents that Shadow was the one beating me up and sending me home with bruises, now that he's front and center they're going to kill him!

"YOU'RE the one putting your hands on my son!?" My mom whipped her head around to look at him.

"Ma'am, sir, I believe that was an issue we had discussed three days ago." The principal said.

"Yeah well he sent my son home with bruises and crying and almost broke his ankle!" Mom shouted back.

"That wasn't me!" Shadow sat up raising his voice in defense, "I mean, the part about his ankle wasn't me." He shrugged.

"No mom no!" I said trying to calm her down, "he didn't hurt my ankle that was an accident remember! Actually Shadow kinda saved me on the account of getting to the nurse twice. Remember when you had to pick me up when I passed out? Well Shadow made sure I got to the nurse, and he carried me to the nurse when I hurt my ankle."

"I don't care! No one ever hurts my son I don't care how many times he takes you to the nurse! I don't care if he buys you an apology cake! That doesn't change anything! He still hurt you!!" She yelled getting up.

My dad quickly made her sit down before the police still standing guard was able to restrain her.

"Am I going to need an escort after school, she might try and jump me." Shadow smirked sarcastically. (Heh don't put it past her...)

"I think that's a good idea. Boy I swear if I catch you alone-"

"Is that a threat?" Shadow growled raising his quills.

"Honey please!" My dad sat up and stopped her from replying. "We're trying to resolve this issue not dig it deeper. Although I agree with your emotions towards this other student I don't think making a threat is helping anything. Please calm down."

 "Yes ma'am please calm down. I'll see to it that everyone gets a fair punishment that they need." The principal said calmly, "now to my understanding this was another student's doing that we don't even have in the office. But I will make sure he doesn't slide and will get a penalty. However even if it was this other students fault, Shadow you did lash out and you also share the penalty."

"Understood." Shadow nodded.

"Officers can you please un-cuff these gentlemen, I believe everything is calm now."

Finally relief from the aching pain and my wrists felt bruised... Along my jaw line were Shadow had hit me and on my chin when I was tackled to the ground. With my arms free I quickly wrapped them around my mom who was keeping quite probably because she was so upset that she would have nothing but insults and threats to say. She hugged me back tightly petting my quills and rest her head on mine.

"As for you Sonic, you not so much struck back nor started the fight so there is no punishment to force upon you. However, I think both you and your parents deserve a sincere apology from Shadow." She looked over to Shadow who pinned his ears back and I heard him hiss under his breath.

When he didn't apologize after her words she turned to my dad, "Also you should know that if you wish you may press charges against him for assault, and if all goes well he will be moved to an alternative school."

I felt mom perk up in her seat, she liked the sound of that idea. But I didn't...

"But aren't you already issuing a punishment for him?" I asked sitting up from hugging my mom.

"Yes. But that still is an option I have to inform your parents about." She said shrugging.

I looked at mom who still played with the idea of having him sent to juvy.

"I trust your jurisdiction and don't find it necessary to involve court, but if an incident occurs again, then I'll look more into that option." My dad replied glancing over at Shadow.

"Very well then, Sonic your dismissed sweetheart I'm so sorry this happend and you had to be brought in with the whole, police and handcuffs. Don't worry about anything hon I'll take care of it."

"Okay..." I said as my parents got up first and started to lead the way out of the office. I glanced back at Shadow to see what his emotions read. Was he in the least bit way thankful that my parents weren't going to press charges?

I found him watching me as I left. Our eyes met seemingly in surprise and his ears jetted back as he quickly looked away.

Finally out in the hall my parents decided to just take me home for the rest of the day. Mom made chili dogs when we got home. Dad and I sat in the couch.