The Scarf (FIRST Scout x Reader)

A/N

Hiiiiii! I know I know, where the hell are the stories? How come I haven't been updating? I'm lazy. And I lack motivation. And I know I said I would be doing requests.... But unfortunately I don't think I will. I think I'm going to just do whatever I feel like. So I don't think I'll be doing any requests. Also, I'm trying a new perspective. Tell me what you think of it.

(Also, wow. This is my first Scout x Reader. Like seriously?)

EDIT: Hi everyone, it has been many years since I updated, but a reader @Rociofanart21 has drawn this lovely drawing which I attached inspired by this story. Thank you so much Rocio! I am so happy that you liked my story so much and that it made you laugh! Now please, enjoy the story!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

You shivered and pulled your scarf tighter around your neck. It was it was kind of chilly out. It was a cool autumn day and you had decided to go for a walk through the town. The scarf you were wearing was your favorite scarf. It was given to you by your grandmother. It was very old and used, but still pretty and soft. It was a rather windy day. Say much so, it often pushed you forwards and you had to lean back to counter it.

As you were walking, you kept your eyes on the sidewalk. You were deep in your own thoughts. You were suddenly pulled out of your little daydream, when you bumped into someone. You nearly fell over, but the person quickly caught you.

"Gotchya!" He said. The guy had a slight Boston accent. You gathered your bearings and looked at the guy. He had kind blue eyes. He smiled at you.

"I'm so sorry!" You exclaimed.

"No worries! Funny bumping into such a pretty gal like you." You blushed.

He let go of you. He had brown hair, and was wearing a red striped scarf of his own. When he ran into you, you had let go of your scarf. A huge gust of wind came, and the next thing you know, your neck suddenly felt very cold. You gasped and turned around, to see your scarf being carried away in the wind.

"Hey! Oh no!" You reached out for your scarf but it was already being carried far off. It blew across the street. The man you bumped into looked determined.

"I'll get your scarf! Hold on!"

[A/N Play the music!] You watched as the man, named Scout unbeknownst to you, rushed off to go catch it. Scout started off across the street without looking and nearly got hit by a car. You flinched. Scout shook his fist at the driver, but kept running. You watched helplessly as your scarf continued off into the distance. You clutched at your jacket and hoped that he would get your scarf. It was very special to you....

Scout ran through the small crowds of people, weaving through it committed to retrieving the pretty girl's scarf. He ignored the cold, biting wind and the hot glares he received from people he almost ran into. He kept his eyes on your scarf. He reached the end of the sidewalk, and saw the scarf land softly atop a bench. He smiled and was about to step into the road, when the light turned green and cars started zooming past him.

"Aw crap. Come on stupid cars!" Scout exclaimed.

He looked around, and saw the pole that said "Don't walk". He reached out and pressed the cold button to be able to walk. When it didn't work, he started to furiously spam click it. He rubbed his hands together and held them up to his mouth and blew to warm them up. He kept an eye on your scarf. Soon, the light turned red and the electric sign said "Walk". Scout sprinted across the street towards your scarf. He reached the other side, and was about to grab your scarf, when another gust of wind blew it off the bench and back down the street.