Christmas Special Engineer x Reader

(Y/N)'s P.O.V:

I pulled the blanket tighter around me. It was late right now, and I was pretty sure everyone was asleep. The power had gone out at the base. I rubbed my hands together and blew hot air on them. I was pretty cold. I know, it seems stupid. Why am I out here in this room rather than in my room under my blankets. Well I was very cold, since the power is out so the heaters in the base weren't working and I couldn't sleep. I thought that maybe a little walk would help. Instead it just made things worse. I sat down on the floor by the fire place, which wasn't burning, and just watched the snow fall outside. I was tired, but I just couldn't sleep.

"What er you doin' up?" I heard a familiar Texan accent. I looked up at Engie. He looked at me curiously. I shrugged.

"I couldn't sleep."

"It's cold in here darlin'. Ah don't want ya ta freeze." I looked back down and hugged my legs tighter to my chest as I shrugged. Engie sighed. He walked off somewhere for a while, then came back carrying something heavy. It was wood. Engie got down on one knee and set the wood down on the floor with a clunk. He started putting wood into the fireplace.

"Oh, no Engie. You don't have to. You should go back to bed and get some rest."

"No can do darlin'." He put some more logs in and started turning on the gas. I sighed. He took out a lighter and lit the gas. The flames went up with a whoosh. He smiled and placed his fists on his hips. "There we go. Ah wanna make sure ta keep ya warm." I smiled at him. He is always so kind to me.

"Thank you Engie. Honestly, what can I ever do to repay you?" I asked.

"Let me stay here with ya." I smiled.

"Done." Engie walked over to me but a bit farther behind. He leaned back against the side of the couch. I was sitting on two pillows, so I took one out from under my butt and handed it to Engie.

"Thank you." He took the pillow and put it under him. We stared at the fire in silence for a few minutes until he walked over to it and turned off the gas. The fire was still burning on the wood. He smiled at the fire for a moment, and then turned to me. "Wanna see if ah can maybe make some hot cocoa?"

"Engie, you really don't have to."

"But ah want to." I smiled.

"If you can. But since the power's out, don't you think you'll have trouble with that?" Engie chuckled.

"Ah forgot 'bout that.... Your beauty often does that ta me."

I blushed a little. Does he... Like me? No. I'm sure he's just being nice. He sat back down on his pillow. We sat there in the quiet for a while. I still shivered though from the cold. I felt the warmth of the fire, but it wasn't doing much. I felt Engie's muscular arms wrap around me. He pulled me along with my pillow to his side. He just stared at the fire as he held me. I blushed. I was a bit hesitant, but I slowly leaned back against him. He was practically radiating with heat. When I felt just how warm he was, I couldn't help but want to be closer. I pressed myself tighter against him, trying to get as close to his warmth as I could.

He suddenly just picked me up and stood. He walked over to the couch and lay down with me on top of him. I had one leg between his legs, as he had one between mine. I used my arms to keep my upper body off of him. He smiled up at me though and hugged me around my waist. I slowly lowered myself down. He was so very warm. He felt so comforting.... I placed my hands on his chest as I closed my eyes. I listened to the fire crackling and popping as I just lay there, soaking up the warmth. I sighed with content. My hands were no longer cold, and my blanket was draped over my back. The rest of my body was warming up. My cheeks were pressed against his toned chest. I listened to his rhythmic heart beat. It was all just so wonderful. Fatigue over came me, and I began to fall asleep. Before I did though, I felt Engie's lips on my forehead as he chuckled.

"Sweet dreams beautiful...."He whispered.