Chapter 12 • Just Friends?

Armaan Mallik's P.O.V.

Sometimes life doesn't turn out the way you want it to be. After seeing Riddhima for the first time, I thought it was just another attraction full of list. I thought being with her for one night would end all the desperation. When I forced her into living with me, I never thought she would react that way. After she screamed at me and told me to stay out of her life, that is when I realized that I was being a jerk, and I should make it up to her, by taking her to my beach house in the suburbs of new York, where my family has our own private beach. I was all excited and happy until she called me a bastard. I had this weird feeling, I felt sad? I felt horrible that she thinks of me like that!

Anyways, I am so happy everything got sorted out last night. We're friends! Just friends! Why wouldn't she agree to friends with benefits offer? God why? I wanna be more than friends!!!!! Oh god I am going crazy!

I finished reading my contract, and took off my reading glasses. I had planned to stay at the beach house for a week but after my confrontation with her, I had got a call from my dad that I had to come to office today for a special meeting. When is the day going to end? I can't wait to see her!!! Still three more meetings to go. I took out my phone and called Annie's number.

"Annie do you have Riddhima's number?.....okay good! Thanks!" I grinned sheepishly as I saved her number in my contacts list with a kiss emoji after her name; Riddhima😘.
God when did I become so cheesy?

"Oh my god! Armaan Mallik is smiling like a goof! Now that is new!" I looked up to see my best friend Rahul entering with his hands in both of his pants pockets.

"Shut up man" I said getting up and man hugged him while he chuckled. I glared at him to which he laughed more. "So what brings you here today!" I asked him settling down in my spot as he sat in front of me.

"Nothing dude..I was bored so I came over here!" He said playing with the fresh white lilies on my table. Everyday I like to have fresh flowers on my table. I love flowers.

"I thought you were with girls!" I smirked at him to which he chuckled and nodded negatively. Woah! That news! Rahul was not whoring around. "Woah man...now that is big time news! Did you hit your head or what?" I chuckled while he rolled his eyes and caressed his forehead.

"I don't know man! Something is wring with me! Like I went to the pub last night, ready to bang a slut, and then the next second I'm out of the club before even anything happened. I just felt really ashamed of my self and I felt like running away! Dude I swear I think something is wrong with me!" Rahul said making a worried face while Armaan laughed his a** off.

"Man its okay! Probably just the work pressure!" I told him while he nodded and to ease the situation I called in my P.A and ordered coffee for both of us.

*************************

"Armaan you know I really don't need a lot of this stuff!" Riddhima said as she pointed at the Louis Vuitton bag I was paying for. I gave her a shut-up look and she glared at me. It is my money I can spend it wherever I want! Seriously is she a girl or not? I mean girls loveeeee shopping than what is wrong with her.

"Riddhima I'm the one paying for it so I should be the one worrying for it not you!" I said rolling my eyes as she sighed and rolled her eyes back at me.

The whole evening we strolled around downtown; shopping, talking, laughing, eating ice cream. I just got to know she loves mint and chocolate ice cream. I guess this friendship thing is coming in handy. She picked a lot of formal wears for me while I chose some dresses for her. I mean she looks cute in those jeans baggy shirts but she looks totally sexy in those dresses.

We're currently sitting in a Chinese restaurant–my favourite one. She is looking through the menu, her eyebrows knitted together, probably confused.

"So what would you like to eat?" I asked her while she stared at me for a moment and then looked back at the menu. "Well...???" I asked her again when she fumbled with her words.

"I..I..I'm actually not hungry!" She said while breaking off her gaze from my eyes and looking out the window as we were sitting opposite each other near the big glass window.

"Stop lying...tell me what is cooking in that little brain of yours!" I said playfully poking my index finger on her forehead while she twisted her lips and glared at me. "Okay sorry, wont do that! But tell me! Whats wrong?"

"I told you na Armaan...I am not hungry" she again lied while looking in my eyes trying to convince me. She never gives up no?

"Riddhima we're friends right?" O asked her to which she nodded confusingly and innocently, "And friends share everything with each other so spit it out!" I said to which she sighed and nodded. A tiny blush appeared on her cheeks while she but her lower lip. I looked at her suspiciously when he motioned me to come near her with her finger.

"First promise me you won't laugh at me!" She said pouting and perking her lips making my body go stiff, specially the lower body–AHEM, if you know what I mean! ;)

I nodded to which she looked around to make sure no one hears her. "I..I never ate in a restaurant before! I mean a posh and five-star restaurant like this!" She said lowering her gaze and biting her lower lip". Her face was red with embarrassment and she kept on looking here and there while I stared straight at her for two minutes. "What..why are you staring at me?" She said getting uncomfortable.

I bursted out laughing really loudly, to which some people were starting at us and some glaring. "Armaan please! Stop laughing! Oh my god this is so embarrasing!!!!" She said covering her face in her palms.

"Okay I'm sorry! It's okay, a lot of people have never been like you so its normal! Nothing to worry about!" I told her while she pouted and nodded. "Okay let's do this...umm since this is my favourite restaurant, I'll order today and you can try, and if you want to order something else, you can also order!" I smiled at her to which she returned one as I snapped my fingers to call the waiter.

"Evening sir! Ma'am! What would you like to have today?" The waiter asked smiling at us—well smiling EXTRA sweetly at Riddhima. How dare he?

"I would like mushroom soup, with fried shrimps and some lobster crackers! And same for the lady!" I told him, glaring at him so he could stop silently flirting with my girl—wait what? My girl? Dude she thinks of you just as a friend. I don't care but I want her more that a friend...WHATEVER SHE IS MINE!

As soon as our food came, both of us attacked it like hungry monkeys. We kept on talking about different things like our interests, and hobbies. I just got to know that she is a big fan of Vin Diesel and watched all his movies when his whole family used to be out as her step-mother won't spare her when she would be home. Her favourite colour was teal and golden. She was a big fan of soccer and Ronaldo was her favourite player while I, had the totally opposite interests in sports. I was a big fan of Basketball since childhood. Being able to play well, made me like this sport even more. I had won the championship for my school in my high school years and I was given the MVP trophy in my school's sports awards.

We were waiting for the bill when I suddenly remembered when I saw her in the pharmacy with the pregnancy tests. That memory made me feel like vomiting out all the food that I ate just now.

"Riddhima I wanted to ask you a question? A few days ago, I saw you with pregnancy kits?" I asked her, studying her facial expressions.

Confusion...shock...worried!

********************

Hey guys!
Hope y'all liked the update!
Seee Now I am updating like almost daily and hopefully I'll keep that up!

Anyways do comment on how you thought was the part!

For now Adiós!
<3 Humaira