Chapter 17: Have I Made a Mistake?

Start from the beginning

"I'm curious about your feelings concerning what happened today," he says, searching my eyes.

Memories of Reiji's scene in the Host Club appear in my mind and I look down in shame. "I don't know what you're talking about," I whisper looking down at my lap.

Kyoya crawls over to me and pulls me into his chest, he lays down and sets me next to him. "Yeah, you do Emi. Don't lie to yourself, and don't lie to me," he sighs, and looks over at me amused. I guess I'm being stubborn.

"Yeah I do," I breath, and then laugh a little bit. "Oh my gosh, wasn't it embarrassing? I barely know him, and he's already putting a spotlight on the both of us. I hope nobody's getting the wrong idea," I say.

"And what would be the wrong idea?" Kyoya asks, pushing up his glasses, a known habit of his.

I stare up at the ceiling and think about it. "Well, that we're a thing. I don't want people thinking I have feelings for him."

"Because you don't?" Kyoya says, with a hint of hope in his voice. 

I hate to disappoint him. "Because I'm not sure," I say truthfully. I guess he's kinda cute... He can't be that bad can he?

Kyoya stares at me in disbelief. "Emi, really? How can you not be sure? You've seen him haven't you? You have eyes. Take a good long look at him. Could you ever have feelings for him? Because I seriously doubt it! What are you thinking?!" he begins to raise his voice.

I get up, his arm loosening from me and I sit at the edge of the bed facing away from him. "I'm sorry."

"I know I'm probably being stupid. But can't you see Kyoya? I'm sad. My boyfriend cheated on me with Sena, a girl who is perfect! She's perfect, she's done nothing wrong to me, she's my friend even. And the fact that I can't even be mad at her makes me angry. So yeah, maybe I'm not thinking. But I need to turn to someone right now. I know I have you but I have all these feelings inside me, for Kaoru. But I can't do anything with them so they just sit there." I say, a tear tricking down my face. My hair covers my expression as Kyoya sits up.

"But still that doesn't mean you can go be a slut with Reiji! He-"

"I'm NOT being a slut Kyoya! Don't ever tell me that! I'm not the one who cheated!" I yell, looking his blurry figure, my eyes filling with tears.

I turn around to look out the window, at the sunset. It was so pretty and peaceful. I wanted to be like that. I took deep breaths to calm myself down.

"I'm just trying to get myself back to normal. I don't want to think about what happened. I don't want to say that I don't have feelings for Reiji because I wish I did. Maybe not Reiji specifically, but I want to get my mind off of Kaoru. And I don't exactly know how to do that," I say quietly.

I feel Kyoya's arms wrap around me and I turn to look back at him.

"Okay, I'm sorry I said that Emi. I wasn't thinking. I just don't want you to get hurt," he says, wiping the tears off of my cheeks.

"But why is it so important to you Kyoya? What do you have against Reiji, because I haven't even said I'm interested in him, I barely know him for God's sake. It's like you want to control me or something," I say. He stares at me with an expression I can't read.

"Do you really wanna know why it's so important to me?" he asks getting up and facing away from me. There is a sudden darkness in his voice.

"It's important to me because I'm so good for you, Emi!" he raises his voice back to yelling.

"I'm so good for you, and it feels like you don't even see me!" he gets up and his hands go to his head as he paces the room.

"I care about you so much, Emi, you don't even know. And you know what you do? You take it all for granted! I get it if you want to get your mind off of Kaoru, but I can't take being ignored like this anymore!" he says getting closer to me until he is standing over me. His teeth clench and he wears a stern expression.

I look up at him and grab his arm, feeling terribly guilty.

"Kyoya, I-"

He cuts me off by slamming his lips onto mine. It puts me in shock as he moves his lips, urging me to kiss back. I do, after a few seconds and he pushes me onto the bed. We continue like this for a few minutes until I pull away. We sit up next to each other and stay silent for what seems like forever.

Suddenly, Sena bursts into the room with popcorn and a bunch of snacks. We immediately look up and regain composure.

"Hey guys! You were taking forever so I got us some snacks! I didn't intrude on anything did I?" she asks cautiously, still maintaining her cheerful demeanor. She is definitely a Haninozuka.

"Of course not! We were just about to get you!" I smiled.

Kyoya decides to stay for awhile while we all hang out and talk for hours. We laugh and have a lot of fun, but I have a thought poking in the back of my mind the entire night.

Have I made a mistake?

-

-

Alright! I think this is a love triangle. Square? Idk. Only time will tell.

I wanted to let you guys know that this story is not happening in sync with normal time, which is why this chapter is set in early January.

SO I REALIZED THAT KYOYA IS A VERY POPULAR MATCH FOR EMI WITH YOU GUYS. I WANNA KNOW, WHO DO YOU WANT EMI TO END UP WITH? LET ME KNOW PLEAASSEE (IF ANYONE EVEN READS THE A/N'S IDK ANYMORE)

Let me know!

Alice xx