Chapter 15: Host Club it is, then!

Hey everybody! It's Alice, I just wanted to say thank you so so much for 10k! Well, we're at 10.3 right now, but we finally hit 10k today! Thank you all for continuing to vote and stay active with our stories, love you all. Read on...

Emi's POV

I walk into school a little bit more tired than usual. I slowly but surely make it to my classroom and take a seat in the back, setting my head on the table and immediately dozing off. Ever since my encounter with Reiji yesterday, I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. I had trouble sleeping because of it. It was definitely odd the way I met him. I'll admit he was handsome, but he was so polite and formal it was almost unreal. And a little bit creepy. Just a little bit.

I was also thinking about Kaoru last night. After talking to Hikaru, he went home because Kaoru called wondering where he was. I had a lot of time to think about when I would settle things with him. There's no doubt in my mind that I still have feelings for him, and I still love him, but I'm not sure if I can forgive him just yet for what happened. And who can blame me? It's only been like, 4 days since it happened.

Maybe I just need to focus on other things for awhile.

*time skip to lunch time*

Kaoru's POV

"Are you sure she's even going to talk to me? What if she just ignores me? I'll feel so bad," I whine, looking over at Hikaru. We were currently walking to lunch and talking about my favorite subject in the world, Emi. Even if she hasn't forgiven me yet.

She will eventually. I'm going to get her back. I touch the cold metal chain of the necklace I gave her around my neck. I know it's weird for me to be wearing it, but I've just been keeping it safe with me so that when I do get her back, I'll be able to give it back. I tuck the necklace back underneath my uniform.

"We're not sitting with Emi to help you get her back, I just want to hang out with her. Even if you guys are broken up, you were best friends before that. That shouldn't change." he says, and I nod. 

We open the doors to the lunch area and see Emi sitting by herself, nibbling on her food. I make note of where she's sitting and we walk quickly to get in line to order or lunch, since the line is pretty long.

Just as we're getting in line, some dude with purple-ish hair and red eyes walks past us with his lunch, and smirks. Huh.

"I wonder what his deal is," Hikaru whispers.

"I know right? It's like he thinks he owns the place." I whisper back.

After awhile of waiting, we finally get our lunch and turn around to walk over to Emi's table, only to be met with an unpleasant surprise.

Mr. I Own The Place is sitting right next to Emi, a little too close for comfort. He's totally flirting with her! And even worse, she's totally going along with it. Smiling, giggling, and all that. I nudge Hikaru who sees it too, and he facepalms.

"What is she getting herself into..." he mumbles looking down in disappointment.

"Let's go eat in the club room then," he says. We begin speed walking past Emi and Mr. I Own The Place so that we don't make eye contact. It was embarrassing, to say the least. To want to sit with your best friend, and be left alone. We were always left alone...

Once we get out of the room, Hikaru seems to be equally upset as I am about that guy. We don't want to be replaced. Hopefully I can still get her back, without him getting in the way. We frown and walk away.

Emi's POV

As I'm sitting alone eating my food, somebody taps my shoulder, pulling me out of my deep thoughts. It's Reiji.

"Hello, Emi, do you mind if I sit here?" he asks in his charming voice, and I nod with a smile, motioning to the chair next to me. He gladly takes the seat and turns to face me.

"So how have you been?" he asks attempting to make conversation.

"I've been good. A little tired today, but nothing I can't handle. How about you?" I say and he nods.

"I've been great, I couldn't stop thinking about our encounter yesterday, so I just had to come find you," he says and I blush. This guy really knows how to talk huh? He hasn't even done anything yet.

"That's sweet...well, here I am!" I say with a small, fake giggle. I'll admit Reiji was charming, but his conversations were a little bit boring and uninteresting. I'm not too sure how to feel about him.

He chuckles. "I was wondering if you..." he starts talking but his voice is suddenly drowned out when I see Hikaru and Kaoru, rushing right past me, not glancing at me once. Their heads were down and it looked like they were avoiding someone...like they were avoiding me.

What did I do wrong?

I feel Reiji tap my shoulder, bringing me back to reality and I immediately apologize.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear what you were saying, I seem to be lost in my thoughts today..." I say embarrassed.

"Don't worry, I was just wondering where I can see you during school? Surely you hang out somewhere where we can chat in our free time..."

"Well...I do hang out in the Host Club after school, I know it's weird for you since you're a guy, but you can come there if you want," I offer politely.

"Of course, it doesn't matter where we hang out, as long as I'm with you," he whispers and I smile awkwardly. It's kinda getting nauseating now...

"Host Club it is, then," he smirks.

-

A/N That's the end of this chapter! Reiji is slowly making his way into Emi's life...and I DON'T LIKE IT! Alas, this is needed for an interesting story plot. 

I KNOW IT'S A SHORT CHAPTER OKAY BUT LIKE IT WOULD'VE BEEN TOO LONG IF I ADDED IN WHAT I WAS PLANNING SO THAT'LL HAVE TO WAIT TIL NEXT CHAPTER. SOWWY. FORGIVE ME PLS.

Anyway, thank you again for 10k reads! It means a lot. Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and add this story and our other story to your library to get notified when we update! Until next time...

-Alice xx