Chapter 3: I'm a Girl

A/N Okay, okay. Here's the chapter that will explain that whole mess from last chapter! The anticipation is real! I get so excited just writing this story. Don't worry guys, it's not going to be just me writing this story. I'm just starting it and both of my co-writers are currently not online so they don't know I'm writing so much lol...Go ahead and read!

[ALICE!]

-

-

WARNING: MINOR CURSING. NOT A LOT I SWEAR. BUT I'LL CENSOR IT JUST IN CASE SOME OF YOU AREN'T COMFORTABLE WITH SWEARING.

{Emi's POV}

...Kaoru? I quickly stand up and smooth out my disgusting food covered dress and look at Kaoru. He's sitting in his chair laughing his a** off while Hikaru's joking to people about it at other tables.

I look at the both of them having the time of their lives, all because I'm in pain. I realize how much embarrassment, sadness, and confusion they've caused me, even though I've done nothing to hurt them. A strong angry feeling starts boiling inside of me and I want to explode. But all I can do is stand there, looking down, and watch my tears hit the ground, one by one.

"What, what's wrong you stupid b*tch? You ruined your dress? It doesn't even matter, you looked like sh*t in it anyway!" the girl from the lunch line yells at me. I have nothing to say, so I just continue looking down.

"Cat got your tongue?" Kaoru's voice says when he all of a sudden tilts my chin up and looks me in the eye. When he looks at my tear stained face, his smug grin vanishes to guilt and regret in a split second, but when he realizes it he immediately puts it back on. "What did you do that for," I ask in a low voice, almost a growl as I stare straight in his face.

His expression goes blank and he looks around at everyone, then at me, almost as if he doesn't know how to respond. I scoff and shove him off of me, so hard he hits the ground landing on his a**. Hikaru is beside him in a second and the crowd watching us is silent.

"YOU DUMB B*TCH! GET AWAY FROM US! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE?!" Hikaru yells at me, about to stand up and walk over to me until Haruhi stops him.

"Can you guys just stop this and leave her alone?! She's never done anything wrong to you! For God's sake, stop acting like total jerks and shut the hell up already!" he yells, and drags me away from the crowd out of the lunch room.

*in the halls*

"Okay, explain please." Haruhi says, holding my shoulders. I sigh and move his hands off of me.

"Okay fine. Me and the Hitachiin twins used to be best friends, ever since we were little up until we were 12 when I moved away to America because of my parent's job. We were really close. But when I moved suddenly, I texted, called, emailed, and even sent letters asking them what they were up to and if they could talk. But unfortunately, they never replied. Not once. It's like they just forgot I existed. When I finally found out we were able to move back here, I was so excited to see them. But once I saw them in math they gave me the silent treatment and acted angry at me. I didn't understand why. And then that whole thing just happened, and I still don't know why. I just-" I stop to take a deep breath as I realize I'm still crying. Haruhi hugs me. "I just missed my best friends. And now I guess we aren't best friends anymore..." I say hugging Haruhi back.

"It'll be okay Emi. Things will work out eventually. Maybe they just need some time to realize they were wrong. For now we can just try to ignore them as best as we can, okay? I'll stick with you." he says, and I nod hugging him again.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll tell you a secret that only a few people know. Okay? But you have to promise not to tell ANYONE!" Haruhi says, putting emphasis on 'anyone'.

"I swear on my life, I won't tell anyone." I say, pretending to zip my mouth shut.

"Okay then. Here goes..."

I wait in anticipation.

-

-

{Haruhi's POV}

"I'm a girl." I say, looking at Emi to see her reaction. She looked shocked at first and then relaxed. "That makes sense. No wonder you seemed so feminine when I met you this morning." she says, and I giggle.

"Haha, I've never gotten that one before"

She stops to think for a second. "If you're a girl, why are you dressed in the boy's uniform then?" she asks. Oh boy. I scratch the back of my neck and chuckle. "I-It's a longgg story," I say and begin explaining to Emi my situation.

"-and that's why you can't tell anybody." I finish, and she nods in understanding. "I get it now, I promise your secret is safe with me!" she says, high fiving me.

"Great. Well, now that we're done with that, you should probably go get changed. You can't wear that all day can you?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Of course not. I'll just put on my clothes I wear outside of school. I brought them just in case I was allowed to change out of this stupid dress," she says motioning to the yellow monstrosity now drenched in soggy food. I cringe. "I guess now I have a reason to change. The world works in weird ways, doesn't it?" she says smiling sadly and I don't respond.

"Well, I'm gonna go change and then go to class. I'll see you after school right? In Music Room #2?"

"#3. Go to Music Room #3 and ask for me. And me only. Promise me that no matter who you see there, you ask for me. Got it?" I say, hoping she doesn't ask questions. I don't want them hurting her again.

"Oh- okay. Cool then. See ya later Haruhi," she says waving at me and walking away.

"Later Emi..."

Emi's POV

I rush over to the bathroom after talking to Haruhi, carefully so that I don't run into anybody from the lunch room. When I make it there safely I grab my grey ripped skinny jeans, blue halter crop top and black leather jacket out of my bag and put them on quickly. I was supposed to use this outfit to go out after school, but I guess there's no harm in putting them on early.

I walk out and look in the mirror. My face is a little puffy from crying, and there's no way of fixing that in 2 minutes, but my ponytail is all messed up. Instead of redoing it I decided to just leave my hair down and smooth it out. I look a little bit edgy now for school but it's almost over anyway.

When I walk out of the bathroom I see Hikaru and Kaoru walking to their next class and I pretend I don't see them. But out of the corner of my eye I can see them staring at my outfit and then at me, and I smirk as I walk ahead.

I'm going to make them pay.

Because at this point, I'm not ready to chase them until they give in. I'm not going down without a fight.

Now if I can just get through the rest of this terrible day, I can hang out with Haruhi after school, without dealing with those stupid twins.

Hopefully.

-

-

A/N And that's chapter 3! Don't worry, chapter 4 will be more eventful.

You guys know the drill: vote, comment, follow, add to your libraries/reading lists, and check out our other stories! Love you all...

Until next time... (I'm exhausted it's 3 am)

ALICE! xx