Chapter Two

I took the cigarette from my mouth, blowing the smoke away from his face. I would never usually bother to be so polite, but Harrison White somehow looked too pure and clean to have smoke blown all over him.
I refused to shake the hand he held out for me, I took another drag on my cigarette instead, feeling relief as it filled my lungs with its poisonous fumes.
I waited for him to speak again. He really was one of the most unusual men I had ever seen. He looked delicate. Breakable.
I didn't want to talk to him and besides, my throat ached all the time with the effort of speaking because it was so alien to me. I was always alarmed when I did hear my own voice. Of course, the pain could have had a lot to do with the toxins I was putting in my body from smoking. The effort was too much. I didn't want chat or need it in my life. I was not one for small talk.

"May I come in?"

I stayed put, blocking the small doorway. His voice was soft and breezy, like he had never had any cares or worries in his life.
But until he gave me a valid reason as to why he was here, I didn't want to know.
My hostile nature did nothing to deter him though. His smile just grew wider as he realised I wasn't going to budge from my defensive stance in the doorway. He shrugged his shoulders easily. The movement made his ugly fish broach jiggle and I wondered why anyone would have the balls to wear such a strange outfit.

"Never mind, It's a gorgeous day, the sun is shining. We can just sort some things out here."

His smile didn't falter as he set his black, shiny briefcase down on the floor, bending as he rummaged around for something inside. I couldn't help but notice his ass as he bent down. His suit trousers were tight and they fit him nicely.
I had been locked away for years, I would be a fool not to appreciate someone new and good looking right in front of me.
He straightened back up, his cheeks turning slightly pink as he caught me checking him out. He cleared his throat and handed me a pile of books.

I sighed and threw them on to the other pile of books the old lady had given me earlier, making him jump slightly as they thudded down.

"So... You're not going to look at them just now then?" He shrugged again. "That's fine, we can go through them another time. Why don't I just explain to you who I am and what I do?" His smile was still plastered to his face as he spoke, his skin so soft and porcelain that it looked like it could be hurt just from smiling alone. I had to hand it to him, his cheeriness could give the worlds happiest man a run for their money. "From here on in, I am your 'person'."

I stubbed my cigarette out on my own hand and chucked it to the ground, noticing his frown as I did so. It was the first time his sickening enthusiasm had faltered. What the hell did he mean by 'person'? I blinked in confusion, rubbing my light brown eyes with the back of my hand. They changed colour depending on my mood. If I was tired, they were light. If I got angry, they became so black you could barely see the pupils. They were also large and framed with incredibly thick black lashes. Before I got sent down, people remarked that my eyes were my best feature.

But all I knew right now was that I was too tired for this crap.

"Excuse me? Person?"

My voice was croaky, unused. Maybe now I was on the outside I would have to work on my that. I didn't want it to be this sore every time I had to say something. Harrisons icy blue eyes bore into mine.

"I have been assigned to you to help you adjust to your new life out here in this big wide world. I will be here for whatever problems you face, big or small and to mostly keep you in line and make sure you attend all of the classes you signed up for."

I folded my arms across my chest, hoping that hostility was written all over my face so he would get the message that I wasn't exactly thrilled.

"So in other words, you are here to babysit me?"