chapter twenty four

Chapter twenty four

In the next few seconds I stayed there listening to sounds that I did not understand or fathom by any means. My heart felt like it was tearing up into two and when it occurred to me that Preston needed to listen to me. He needed to let me explain, I decided to run after him.

He had not gone so far.

It almost looked like he had stopped...waiting for me.

When I was at his side I could feel my heart in my legs. He turned only once and looked at me. “Preston, I’m sorry but...” he said nothing, only his eyes were staring at me. I breathed in. I was not going to keep anything from him anymore and this was going to be a start. “I’m sorry but I was....but I was scared o...”

“Scared?” he cut me.

“Yes...”I replied honestly. Maybe I had never admitted this to anyone but in a deeper part of me fear ruled me in the beginning. It made me who I was and it had nearly made me to destroy something that was meant to be.

I continued. “I was scared...I was scared of this reaction. Of exactly what is happening now”

He stared at me for a while.

My heart did not slow down and it wouldn’t anytime soon. He moved closer to me and using his finger he touched my chin lifting my head higher so our eyes were completely gazing into each other’s. “You should have trusted me not to hurt you or reject you just because you are half of what I am...”

There was still a hint of disbelief in his voice as he spoke the last words in that sentence.

“It’s not that I didn’t trust you...”

“But...what exactly do you call what happened...”

“It’s complicated.” I stated breathing in.

Out of nowhere he took my hand leading me towards where his car was. And at the moment I could feel the tingles burning slowly through my skin and he could feel it too. I could tell that little as I watched him.

He closed the door as I sat properly on the passenger seat. I don’t know what he was thinking or what he was going to do or what was running through his mind at the moment. All I knew was to go with him...to trust him...or just to start so.

The ride was silent...my mind filled with all kinds of thoughts. I could tell Preston was still mad. I hated it...I hated the fact that it was somehow my fault...

From the corner of my eyes I noticed we were taking the road outside town. I turned so I could look outside and came to the conclusion that he was taking me outside town.

After what turned to be few minutes he parked the car beside the road and got out. I followed him but my curiosity always got the better of me. Preston” I murmured, hopefully he would hear but if he did he did not reply.

“Preston” I called a little louder than before.

He stopped and swirled to face me, still not saying a word. It was really unnerving especially for a person who has never been in this position.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Why did you follow me?”He questioned sounding uninterested.

“Be-because it seemed like the logical thing to do.” I answered trying to cool myself.

He moved closer to me, so close it was only a breath separating us. He lifted my chin so as I was staring at him...at his face and at one point into his eyes. “You know why it felt like it was the logical thing to do?” I remained silent. What could I say?