Chapter two: The first time

• Dedicated to Bella Mwamba

At first I thought my mind was playing tricks on me but then after a few minutes of deeper concentration I realized it was not. I was in a room filled with werewolves. I was not in any immediate danger still I loathed it and my father knew this so what the hell? what the hell was going on?

He could not tell me he did not know.

If I knew then he knew as well.

As soon as first class ended I went straight to my locker not caring whether I was late for second class. I needed to talk to my dad. His cell phone kept ringing but he didnt pick up. He better be operating on someone or else he was going to get hell from me later.

Why had he forgotten to tell me the most important detail of this towns inhabitants? And he knew that I hated werewolves with a good reason even if I was half werewolf. A fact that had been well hidden.

Yeah, hard to believe but indeed I was half werewolf because my mother was a werewolf. She had been the alpha's daughter and as told my father, she was the most beautiful girl he ever saw. No-one came close to my mother. Her smile he said, had always had the power to make him feel powerful. It was still amusing to my father that I had become what I was because it was known that once a werewolf and human mated they tended to produce humans.

There were times when he wished that my mother was still alive so he could ask her all these questions bur it was not possible. My mother had been killed after she so many times refused to go back and live with her pack and as the last strike they decided to kill her and let my father be tortured for the rest of my life as he would live without her.

It had been difficult for him at first but he managed to live for me and for the legacy to continue. Well Ill tell you about the legacy some other time.

I sighed and went to class.

Time did not moveI felt like centuries had passed and finally it was lunch time. The cafeteria was big unlike the one in my old school and as soon as I stepped inside I felt someone staring at me. I searched the place and saw that guy who had been watching me earlier as I verbally fought with that girl in the morning.

He smiled still looking at me.

I sighed and went to get food and as I walked to an empty table someone stepped in front of me.

Oh hell it was Britneythe same girl who I had argued with in the morning. What the hell did she want? Usually I welcomed trouble because it always was an adventure but right now I was not in the mood to accommodate anyone especially her.

Look who the devil brought in here. She smirked.

Listen I dont want to fight with you right now, so get out of my way please. I said in almost a whisper but I knew she was a werewolf hence she would still hear me.

Whos going to make me?

I rolled my eyes and tried to side pass her but she moved and blocked my way again.  Right before I was about to pour my drink on her just to rile her the guy who had been looking at me came over and put his arms around her. Come on babe lets go

She glared at him. Nate, maybe you dont remember but she threatened me in the morning so she has to know who is boss.

He smiled and whispered to her thinking I couldnt hear. Little did he know. Babes, shes just some stupid human. Let her be.

No she said.

If I were you I would listen to him. I said and that got her mad to the point I saw her shake. Was she really going to shift in front of me and humans? Nate boy whispered for her to be calm and it took a second as she truly become calm. Were they mates or something?