Chapter 21: All For War

Hey guys! I have to ask. Do any of you have an instagram? If so, I think I might do an edits contest for this story. If you want to, post it on instgram and tag it to #csm123edits I'll love you eternally! Thank you :)

So, I'd become accustomed to finding out news and not hearing anymore for days, weeks, months, at a time.

Imagine my surprise when Harry, Ron and Hermione came through the portrait hole.

"Look who it is! Didn't I tell you?" I rolled my eyes at the person who had said it.  They had lost hope months ago.

"HARRY!" several people shouted once they'd come through the passage.

"Ron!" another shouted.

"Hermione!" I shouted, along with a few others. Everyone surged forward, somehow I'd gotten to the front. I beamed at Hermione, who beamed straight back. I gave her a hug.

"Hey, Hermione. Are you okay?" I asked, still worried about them.

"Better than you lot, by the looks of it," she whispered. I rolled my eyes, sniggering slightly.

"We're fine, happy you're all right."

"Okay, okay, calm down!" Neville shouted over the crowd. I released, backing off with the rest of the crowd. 

"Where are we?" Harry asked.

"Room of Requirements, of course! Surpassed itself, hasn't it? The Carrows were chasing me, and I knew I had just one chance for a hideout: I managed to get through the door and this is what I found! Well, it wasn't exactly like this when I arrived, it was a load smaller, there was only one hammock and just Gryffindor hangings.  But it's expanded more and more of the DA have arrived."

"And the Carrows can't get in?" Harry asked, looking around.

"No," said a boy, who I'd learns name to be Seamus Finnigan. "It's a proper hideout, as long as one of us stays in here, they can't get in. It's all down to Neville. He really gets this room. You've got to ask for exactly what you need. Like, 'I don't want any Carrow supporters to be able to get in' and it'll do it for you! You've got to make sure you close all the loopholes. Neville's the man!"

Neville blushed. "It's quite straightforward, really," he said, modestly. "I'd been here about a day and a half, and getting really hungry and wishing I could get something to eat, and that's when the passage to the Hog's Head opened up. I went through and met Aberforth. He's been providing us with food, because for some reason, that's the one thing the room doesn't really do."

"Yeah, well, food's one of the five exceptions to Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration," Ron said to general astonishment.

“So we’ve been hiding out here for a while,” said Seamus, “and it even sprouted a pretty good bathroom once girls started turning up—”

“—and thought they’d quite like to wash, yes,” supplied Lavender Brown.

Tell us what you've been up to," Ernie Macmillian said. "There've been so many rumors, we've been trying to keep up with you on Potterwatch." He pointed at the wireless sitting in the corner. "You didn't break into Gringotts?

"They did!" piped in Neville. "And the dragons true too!" Some people began to applaud, Ron took a bow.

"What were you after?" Seamus asked. Before anyone could answer, a flash of pain went across Harry's face. He quickly turned around.

"Are you alright, Harry? Want to sit down? I expect you're tire, aren't-"

"No," Harry cut Neville off, exchanging a look with Hermione and Ron. "We need to get going."