Chapter 3: The New Adventure Begins

Dedicated to MissMia8 cause she is soo sweet! Go and fan her right now. Now.

Sorry if my English accent isn't very good!

TWO WEEKS LATER

I stared out the window of the train, bored. I was alone in the compartment. I picked up the mirror on the seat next me for the like fiftieth time.

I had changed. A lot. Fiery, out of control red hair, blue eyes framed with black glasses and tons of freckles. I looked nothing like I normally did. I kind of missed my brown curly hair and gray eyes.

I was not Sierra Lestrange anymore. I was Rebecca Stevens, a Gryffindor sixth-year slacker. The compartment door opened, causing me to almost drop the mirror.

"Hey, sorry about that! Didn't mean to scare you!" I had to suppress a smile. Ginny Weasley had just opened the compartment.

"No, no you're fine. Don't worry about it," I said. "D'you mind if we sit here? There's not much of anywhere else to sit." I shook my head. "No, it's fine. Come on in."

Three people stepped into the room. "I'm Ginny, by the way. This is Neville and Luna." A bigger looking boy and a blonde girl came in. "I'm Si-Rebecka, Rebecka Stevens," I covered.

They looked at me a bit odd. This new identity thing was a bit strange to me. I still was trying to get used to it. I really had to if I was going to get the 'under-cover' thing done.

"Are you new to Hogwarts?" Luna asked in a serene type of voice. "You could say that." She nodded. "That's nice. What year are you?"

"Sixth. I'm a Gryffindor, also." Luna nodded. "So did you hear about Snape? Can you believe he's head master?" Ginny asked.

 Have you ever had pretend to stay in 'character' when one of the awesomest people you know is talking, and the don't know it's you? No? Well, it's very hard. "Snape?" I asked. "Severus Snape?" She nodded.

"Unfortunately. And the Carrows? I heard that they were in charge of inflicting punishment? They'll probably be worse than Filch."  I listened to them go at, arguing.

I kept thinking about what Hermione had told me about Hogwarts. The crazy stairways, the Great Hall and the towers. Annabeth would be jealous. Actually, she wouldn't.

Last I heard they were on their way to Rome. Well, I was stuck in a magic school with apparently demonized teachers.

Yeah, life was good.(Sarcasm) "You alright, Rebecka?" Ginny asked bringing me out of my thoughts. "I'm sorry?" I asked. "Are you alright?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just kind of stuck in the past." She raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. "Are you alright?" I countered. She had a scowl on her face.

"What? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. You just remind me of someone I met a while ago." I remind her of me. That's funny.

"I get that a lot. I guess I just have that kind of face." She nodded, not entirely convinced. I glanced over at Neville, who had been silent almost the entire trip. "Are you alright, Neville?" I asked. He turned a bit red.

"I'm fine," he muttered, looking embarrassed, as though someone had done something awful to him in a crowded hallway. I gasped silently in realization.

He likes one of the girls in this compartment! If only I could find out which, I thought. "You look a little pale, Neville," Luna said in her dreamy voice. Okay, I'm not sure if she's all there, I thought. I leaned over to Ginny.

"This might seem a bit rude, but Luna, um, is she... all there?" I whispered. "I don't actually know," she replied. We glanced over at Luna, who was wearing some odd sort of 3-D glasses and swatting around her head.

Ginny shrugged. We leaned back in our seats. After a while, we went to change into our Hogwarts robes. I have to say, I felt a bit odd.

I really had to get used to being 'Rebecka'. She was taller. Like three inches taller.

I hadn't used polyjuice potion for it. It was a special bracelet, enchanted to make you look however you want, as long as you could visualize it or them.

Hermione had helped me come up with 'Rebecka' before we left for our different destinations. I was happy with our work. She turned out pretty well. I was using Hermione's old robes so I had to be around her height.

Anyway, I came back to the compartment to see everyone else besides Neville already back. "We'll be at Hogwarts in about five minutes," Ginny informed me. I nodded. I was a bit nervous.

I'd never been to school, let alone a wizarding school. You know those kindergarten jitters you got? Now imagine having those feelings pent up inside of you for elven years. That's about how nervous I was.

We got off the train, followed by some snotty jack-off. "I can't believe I still have to ride the train with these people," he said, making people sound like some awful disease.

I had to deal with this kind of thing with the Aphrodite people at camp. "Who is that?" I asked Ginny. She wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Draco Malfoy, the worst person at Hogwarts. He's an evil, maniacal, devil spawn."

Hermione had told me about him. He was worse in person. I wanted to punch him in his little weasel face. But, I restrained myself. I couldn't get into a fight before I even got into Hogwarts, now could I?

We got on the wagons, and, unluckily for us, Draco was on it, too. He kept on talking and talking and talking. I wanted to punch him so badly right then. Finally, after what felt like HOURS, the wagon stopped in front of Hogwarts.

We got off and made our way to the Great Hall. We went to the Gryffindor table. Me, Neville, and Ginny sat together.

"Hey, mind if I take a seat next you?" a tall, skinny guy with dirty blonde hair asked me." I shrugged. "Not at all." He smiled. "Thanks. I'm Peter, by the way. Peter Benew." I nodded.

"Rebecka Stevens." He smiled. He reminded me a little about Zeke. Thinking about him made my heart drop. I almost wanted to cry. "Are you okay?" he asked. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine." Wow, I'm a bad liar. But luckily, he didn't pester me about it. "Silence!" a deep voice shouted. Instantly, the hall was silent. A man with greasy black hair stood at the podium.

"Now. Most of you students already know me as Professor Snape, but now I am to be addressed Headmaster Snape. Is that clear?"

Everyone nodded vigorously, apparently afraid of Snape. "Now, I'd like to introduce a few new teachers joining us this year."

Okay, I'll be honest. I tuned him out. It's like my brain says ADHD AND DYSLEXIA KICK IN NOW at one of the worst possible moments. Now, my brain was totally off track. I was finally brought back to reality when someone tapped on my back.I jumped.

Then I got this really weird feeling. It was like someone was watching me. I glanced around the room. I caught one of the teacher's at the front staring at me. It looked to be a stern, older witch with a tight bun at the top of her head. We stared at each other for a minute. We both turned.

+++++++

Later that night, I lay in the bed, thinking about the teacher who was staring at me. Who was she? Did she know?