Chapter 16: Falling Into A Freezing Creek. Just a Normal Holidays

So I'm at a writers block. I might not be able to update for a while because of it. :( Anyone have any ideas??? I NEED IDEAS!!!

Chapter 16: Falling Into A Freezing Creek. Just a Normal Holidays

It felt nice to be back at camp.

All the old fun we used to have came back, and now I had more people to fight, or challenge on the rock climbing wall or beat racing.

It was fun, especially the exchange of drachmas and cash in the crowd after the match was over. But most of the time, I hung with Nico.

We ate dinner together, had all of our "lessons" (We didn't really have lessons set, since we were the only two in the cabins and we were never really there to have our own schedules) together and not to mention we had to share a cabin.

But there was a small problem. Most of the other small cabins and Hermes cabin shared lessons with us and that included... the Poseidon cabin, where he is.

It wasn't like he was all that bad, he was actually really sweet in fact, it's just it was an awkward phase at the moment.

An ex-boyfriend, getting friendly with you right after you break up with a boyfriend you hadn't even had for a month. Not exactly the best situation to be in.

When did my life become a friggin' bad soap opera?!

I blame wizardry. Everything was fine until that came into mix. Okay, not really, but still. I gotta blame something, right?

***

"Hey, Sierra," Zeke called to me while I sat in the sword arena. He was the oldest permanent counselor, being seventeen and all.

Everyone else in the arena were mostly ages thirteen to sixteen. There were about a dozen kids, give or take a few, in the arena at the moment, including me and Nico.

Zeke was standing at the center with a girl, probably about ten or eleven. "Yeah?" I asked.

"We got a new camper today. While I work with the rest, why don't you show her the ropes?" he asked."Sure." I jumped off the stand and met the girl in the middle of the arena.

She was pretty. Straight dark brown hair and dark skin. "What's your name?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"Fiona," she said quietly. "I'm Sierra." She nodded. "Have you got a sword or a knife yet?" I asked. She shook her head no.

"Come on. Let's find one the right size for you." We went outside to the weaponry shed.

"Do you know what kind of weapon suits you yet?" I asked. She looked confused. "I mean whether you want a sword or a knife," I clarified.

"Oh. No. I haven't actually ever held a weapon before." I smiled, nodding. "Have you been claimed?" I asked. She shook her head no. I looked around for a bit. "So what's you're story?" I asked.

"My story?" I nodded. "Yeah. We all have a story. How did you get here?"

"Oh." She bit her lip and looked at the ground, then back at me. "You promise not to tell no one?" she asked, staring me in the eye.

"I promise," I replied, a bit weirded out by her secrecy. "I haven't told anyone how I got here. I'm afraid they'll take me back. I ran away from an orphanage," she said quietly, looking as though she was going to cry.

"All the girls were mean to me there. They said I didn't belong and laughed at me about why I was there. My momma gave me up. My daddy left me with her and she gave me up when I was only a month old. I've been there since. I decided to run. Then a man found me. He was only a little older than me and he told me that he knew a place that I would belong. I didn't tell him anything about me though. I thought he would take me back. Will you take me back?" she asked, fear in her eyes.