Chapter 10: To Amy Gretto With Hate and Loathing

VOTES:

ZEKE=2 VOTES PETER= 7 VOTES

KEEP VOTING EVERY CHAPTER!

“What?!” I asked. “How the heck could he be your dad? I’m sorry, but you two look nothing alike.” He sighed putting his head in his hands.

“Everyone says I took after my mom. Blonde hair. I have my dad’s eyes, well, at least everyone says that.” I grabbed his hand again and laid my head on his shoulder.

“It’ll be okay,” I said, trying my best at a reassuring smile. He gave me a sad smile. Looking into his eyes, I couldn’t resist. I kissed him again, on the lips.

“Look at the trashies, kissing in an alley.” We broke apart quickly.

“What do you want, Amy?” I said, glaring at the tall, curly brunette Slytherin. “Oh, I just wanted to see what everyone was talking about, the two dumpster divers in love.”

I snarled at her. “You. Little. Frog Face.” I said, glaring. “Rebecka,” Peter whispered. “Don’t provoke her. Just leave her be. Let’s go.”

He grabbed my hand. “That’s right, Rebecka, run away with your little orphaned boyfriend.” My hand balled into a fist and I let go of Peter’s hand.

“At least I don’t wear enough makeup to be able to apply to a clown college.” I heard a few snickers from her group, which were silence by a glare from Amy.

“But I bet you wouldn’t make it in. They don’t take funny looks in as jokes.” A few full out laughed that time.

“Stevens, you best shut up now, if you know what’s good for you,” she said. I rolled my eyes.

“Oh, no snappy comeback?” I asked innocently. She looked mad.

I turned away from her and started to walk away.

“Hey, Stevens.” I turned in time to catch a fist hurtling at me at full speed.

I caught it, hearing a crack in my hand. I twist her arm and she yelped out in pain.

With her other arm, she punched me in the face and I stumbled back, feeling blood trickle from my nose. I hit her hard across the cheek. She fell down.

“What is going on here?!” A voice shouted. It was Professor Carrow. “Professor, I don’t know! She attacked me!” Amy yelled.

“That’s not what I saw, Gretto. Both of you to my office, as soon as the Hogsmeade trip is over. Understood?”

I balled up my fists and grit my teeth. “Understood?” she said again, voice getting dangerously low. “Yes, ma’am,” I growled. Now I understood why he told me to stop.

“Rebecka, why didn’t you listen to me?” he whispered. I shrugged. “Instincts,” I muttered. “Now, I need to ask you something.” He looked at me.

“What is it?” I sighed. “Do you think…?” I trailed off, unsure how to continue. I looked at me expectantly.

“I, um… Do you think I should leave? It would make it much safer for you and everyone else at Hogwarts,” I said. 

“What do you mean?” he asked, looking confused.

“The searches made all time by the Death Eaters. It’s not just Harry, Hermione, and Ron they are looking for. They’re looking for me, too. They think I’m powerful, and could be valuable to them. They told me months ago that the Dark Lord wanted me,” I said, tearing my eyes away from him.

“You’ve met Death eaters before?” he asked, throwing me a bit off guard. “Yeah, I’ve been running form them for about a year now.” He nodded.

“I get it. You’re a witch had a demigod. You’d be powerful, even if you’re a daughter of a minor god or goddess.”

He held out a tissue. I was confused for a second. Oh, it was for my nose. “Oh, thank you,” I said. He nodded.

“No problem. In response to your question, no. I don’t think you should leave. Nothing would change, even if you did. They’d still come to look at Hogwarts, and punishments would continue. Nothing would change, except for the chance that you’d get caught. You’re safer at Hogwarts, with McGonagall, and all the others besides the Carrows and Snape. I bet Ginny would help you, if what you say is true.”

He smiled at me. “I sure as heck wouldn’t let them lay a finger on you,” he said, quietly, blushing. I bet I was blushing deeper than he was. He was so amazing.

Yes, I think I made the right choice choosing him over Zeke, right?

****

We had about an hour left in Hogsmeade, so we went back into the Three Broomsticks and took a seat near the back.

We ordered again and waited silently. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence, it was a good one. We were both just in our own thoughts.

So deep in our own thoughts that we didn’t notice Ginny, Neville and Luna sit down next to us. Luna jabbed me in the leg, hard, resulting in pulling me out of my thoughts and causing me to slam my knee into the table.

“Ow,” I muttered. “Sorry,” she said, in that odd, serene voice. Ginny was staring at me odd. I pretended not to notice, but it felt weird.

Like when you’re in class and done with your work but the teacher keeps looking at you like you did something wrong. How do I know that?!

“Hey, guys,” I said. They sent me a short nod. “Um… Rebecka? There’s something we need to talk about,” Ginny said tactically.

“Okay, shoot,” I replied nonchalantly.

“We know you’re not who you say you are.”