Chapter 8: Boys. Enough Said.

Hey guys! I know most of you donât read authorâs notes, but I wanted to ask if you guys think I should enter this story into the watty awards 2013? Yes? No?

I woke up in a cold sweat. My hair was stuck to the back of my neck and I barely suppressed a scream. I felt like I the water was still pressing around me, trying to drown me, trying to kill me.

I felt like I was choking. I didnât know what to do so I got a drink of water. It stopped the choking.

It was different from the water in the dream. In the dream, it was black, poisonous. This was clean, pure. I sat on the bed and hugged my knees to my chest.

That was one of the most realistic and terrifying dreams Iâd ever had.

So, for a few minutes, I just sat there thinking and taking deep breaths. Who was that in my dream? Why had that happened? How had that happened?

Scratch the first question. I know who that was. I knew why they had done it, but I didnât know how. How did he have power over dreams? I felt like I might be sick.

âRebecka?â I heard a voice next the bed ask. I jumped. âYeah?â I asked into the darkness. Yeah, I officially hate water and darkness now.

âYou alright?â It was Ginnyâs voice. I took a deep breath. âYeah, Iâm fine. Why do you ask?â

âYou were tossing and turning in your sleep, and you kept saying not again. Whatâs not supposed to happen again? What happened in the first place?â She yawned.

âNothing. I donât know why I was saying that. Sorry I woke you up,â I said, the first part a lie.

I could tell she was staring at me, though it was worriedly or like I was weird, I couldnât be sure, it was too dark to tell. âItâs fine. I wasnât asleep anyway,â she replied after a while.

We both kind of sat in silence for a few minutes.

âWhat time is it?â she asked. I checked my watch. â5:30 A.M.â She sighed. âI suppose itâs too early to go down to breakfast, huh?â I nodded, forgetting that she probably couldnât see me. âI suppose.â

I stood and stretched. I grabbed some day clothes to change into. âWhatâre you doing?â she asked.

âChanging. I have more schoolwork to do so I might as well do it now since Iâm awake and have time.â

Now, a dim light was coming in through the window and I could see the girlsâ outlines. I saw Ginny nodding. She stood and got her clothes, too. We both changed and went downstairs to the common room.

We opened our bags and started our work. Every time I glanced up at Ginny, she was staring at me, looking as though she wanted to say something.

âIs there something you want to say to me, Ginny?â I asked, after the fourth time of me catching her staring at me. She jumped.

She probably didnât know I was catching her. I hadnât looked up, or shown any sign that I had known she was staring at me. She shook her head rapidly.

âNo, why do you ask?â she asked quickly. I shrugged. âNo reason.â We both were silent while we continued on our schoolwork.

Gradually, people began to make their way downstairs. I put down my quill. âI think we can go down to breakfast now,â I said. She nodded and followed me down to the Great Hall.

We sat at the table next to Neville. âHey, Neville,â I said, taking the seat across from him. âHey guys,â he said brightly. âAre you going to Hogsmeade today?â I nodded.

âYeah, are you?â He nodded enthusiastically. He leaned down to take a bite of eggs and I caught sight of a fresh cut on his wrist. âWhat happened?â I asked.