Chapter 14: How To Deal With A Broken Heart (SUPER IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE)

Hey everyone! I need you all to do me a favor! Go onto @JesusFreak120's page and check out me and her combined story Wattpad Party and leave a comment! If you do, I'll dedicate a chapter to you and read your books! Please please do it!

"Rebecka, I'm breaking up with you."

I stared at him, feeling so many emotions. Confusion, sadness, horror, but most of all, heart break.

"Will you at least tell me why?" I asked in a small voice.

"Because you're a clingy, selfish brat. I only went out with you because I was sympathizing you." That one statement, one statement, changed all my mixed emotions into anger.

I slapped him. Hard. He yelped in pain. "You stupid, worthless piece of crap. I can't believe I actually cared about you."

I left the compartment and went into the bathroom. I hadn't realized that I had been crying. I looked into the mirror. My eye were red. I grabbed a towel and got it damp. I wiped my eyes.

"Selfish jerk," I muttered. I took a deep breath. I looked a lot better, thanks to the bracelet's magic. I sighed. I looked better on the outside, but on the inside, It felt like a battle field.

Anger and sadness fought to take the final place. "You okay?" a voice behind me asked. I jumped. I turned around. It was  just Ginny. "Yeah. I'm fine." She stared at me.

"Fine. It's your business. The train will be pulling in soon. You should change." I nodded. "Yes, I guess I should. Thanks." She nodded.

"Have a nice holiday, if I don't see you again," I said. "You, too." I went back to the compartment to get my clothes.

Luckily, he was gone. I grabbed my bag and went back to change in the girls room. I changed into a gray and white tee shirt and a pair of dark jeans.

It felt nice to be in my normal style of clothes after three and a half months of Hogwarts robes. I sighed and glanced in the mirror.

Though I had looked like this for the past three months, I still wasn't used to looking a mirror and seeing the girl with the curly red hair and glasses.

But, at the same time, over the next few weeks, it would be weird not to see her in a mirror. It was one of those weird psychological things or whatever.

I left the bathroom and spent the remainder of the train ride alone in the compartment.

***

The train pulled into King's Cross Station a few minutes later. I joined the large throng of people exiting the train. Nearly all of them had parents or someone they cared about waiting for them.

But few, a very small number, didn't have anyone to go to, yet, like me. I couldn't risk being seen disappearing out of thin air, so I had to wait.

I took a seat on a bench, and pulled out a book, pretending to read when in reality, I was scanning the crowd.

 I saw Ginny with her mom and Fred and George. She  pulled them aside and whispered something. They looked in my direction with grin on their faces.

I rolled my eyes and they made their way over to me, with Ginny. They sat next to me and Fred stole my book.

"Hey!" I said, though I didn't mind it much. "Gilderoy Lockhart? You're reading that?" I rolled my eyes.

"Actually planning on burning it tonight," I replied. He snorted and handed it back.

"We have a question to ask," George announced. "And I would answer it because...?" I asked, shoving my book back into my bag.

"Because we've been good this year." I laughed. "You two? Been good?' I said in disbelief. "Well, less bad." I rolled my eyes.

"We have one question for you and one question only," Fred butted in. "Besides its Christmas! You can't say no on Christmas." I groaned. "Fine. What is it?" I said, giving in.  

"What did you do to Mark?" I snorted. "You really have been thinking about that, haven't you? You know, it'd be more fun to keep you in suspense than to tell you," I replied evilly.

"No, no you wouldn't! We've been waiting for a year to know!" Fred said. I glanced at Ginny, who was suppressing a smile.

"Fine, I'll tell you. Mark was an annoying little kid. He was always was being a little know it all and all that. So, I simply put a silencing charm on him, in his sleep. It was incredibly funny when he woke up, not able to talk at all. It was hilarious. Then he found out it was me who did it. So I returned his voice, but he couldn't correct anyone anymore. It was pretty cool to watch."

They stared at me. "Really?" I nodded. "Ask Connor and Travis." They exchanged looks and I smirked.

"We have got to try that!" They said unison. Not exactly the reaction I had been going for, but hey, it worked.

George pulled out a piece of parchment from his pocket and they began plans for some prank supply or something.

Ginny snorted. "Thanks for that. Now they'll be busy all holiday trying to construct something like that," she said.

"Wish them good luck. It was a special combination of Godly and wizard magic. It's pretty difficult to recreate without having the two types of power." She snorted.

"No. You haven't seen their persistence." I smiled. "I guess not. They'll have to get back to me on that." She smiled.

"Ginny! We're leaving!" Mrs. Weasley shouted. "I'll see you next year," he said, giving me a hug. "Next year," I agreed. She left with her family.

I felt a pang of jealousy. Even she had a family to go to. True, I had camp. But a stable home? With parents and real siblings? That was hard for me to imagine. I sighed.

I sat there another few minutes, watching other people leave with family. I sighed.

"Hey," a voice beside me said. I jumped. It was Nico. "How did you get here?" I asked, confused. He smiled slightly.

"I heard you would be here today and I thought I could come meet you," he said nonchalantly. I smiled. I knew it was more than that.

"I know why you're really here," I said, staring at him. "You don't want to be alone on Christmas."

He looked down at his feet, confirming my thoughts. "Me neither," I whispered. He looked up.

"Holidays are for family. You're the only family I got." He smiled at me. We stood and I put my arm around his shoulders.

"Let's get out of here. I'm tired of looking at the red hair," he said, pulling a strand. I stuck out my tongue.

"Maybe I don't like your black hair," I said mockingly, pulling a strand of his hair. He stuck out his tongue.

"Fine. Come on. Where to go?" he asked. I thought for a minute. I grinned. "I know the perfect place to go," I said.

"Camp," we said in unison.