Keep your head down

•*The next day*•

I was on the bus to town, Stoyles and I had agreed to meet up. That is, I thought we were till I got a message saying she was sick. Looks like I had the day to myself. Oh well.

The bus came to a stop outside the little strip mall. The music store was right next to the store most nerds went in. I'm sorry, I'm not a comic book fan. So, I walked inside and went straight for the pop/rock music. I loved pop/rock. I had my hair down today, I was too lazy to put it up this morning.

Wait, what did that have to do with music shopping? Nothing. Back on focus El.

So I looked at the CDs they had, a few artists I hadn't heard of, my boys.. And who was this 5 Seconds of Summer group? I hoped their music sounded good, I needed something new to listen to. I picked up the album and looked at the songs. Heartbreak Girl, I wish. I didn't have any guy friends, let alone any to be a heartbreaker in the eyes of. Try Hard? Well, I guess..

The bell above the door dinged as someone walked in. God, did they have to be so loud?

"Oi, mate, is someone looking at our album?" One asked.

"I think so." Another nodded.

"Someone should go talk to her." A punk rocker looking one smiled.

"I think Ash should do it." The last one smirked.

"No way! I don't want to be the one she thinks is weird! That's Luke's job!" The one that must have been Ash exclaimed.

Great, not even random people wanted to speak to me.

I pulled my hair over my shoulder and picked up a few other albums. I was going to need something to listen to at school. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I jumped dropping some of the albums I was holding.

"O-oh I'm sorry," I apologised and reached down to grab them.

"That's my bad, probably should have said something. I'm Ashton by the way, those lads over there are my mates. We're a band." The boy smiled, he had a cute smile, I couldn't deny that. He reached down and picked up a few off the ground that I hadn't.

"Ella. That's cool. I..." What was I going to say? I run a fan blog? Oh yeah, cause that makes me hot stuff! "I have a lot of albums all over the place, I come here to get new ones every week."

"Oh cool! Mind if I have a look at what you're buying?"

"Y-"

"Oi! Ashton, quit flirting! We've got a bus to get back to!"

"Hey Michael! Why don't you come over and make me?" Ashton stuck his tongue out.

Michael ran over and wrapped his arm around Ashton's neck. I gasped as the black haired one noogied the other. They were pretty cute, out of my league but cute.

Two more walked up, "What we can't do introductions?"

"Oh right right, let's see if we can actually get this.."

"I'm Luke."

"I'm Michael."

"I'm Ashton."

"And I'm Calum."

"And we're Five Seconds of Summer."

"Dude we messed up!" Luke laughed.

"We stayed cute though right?" Calum laughed.

Okay so maybe I was recording all of this for my blog. It wasn't everyday you meet celebrities in Santa Barbra. Well, I was recording, till I dropped everything out of my arms.

"Yah awlright mate?" Luke asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, just fine."

"Uh huh.. Sure." was all I got out of them again. Not to mention a wink from Ashton, why was he trying to be so cute?

Luke nudged Michael and mouthed something which was then whispered to Calum, and texted to Ashton. Couldn't they just say it out loud?

"Ask." Luke pushed.

"Fine fine."

"Hey Ella you wanna go to our concert tonight? We can get you backstage passes too." Michael chirped happily.

"Tonight? I-I don't know, I'd have to ask.."

"Well how old are you? Fifteen? Sixteen?" Luke asked.

"I'm almost eighteen.." I scratched my head.

"Be back in a bit lads, got to use the restroom!"

Ashton ran off holding himself.

"He panicked." They three other boys chorus and laughed. "So whaddya say? Can you go?"

"I-I guess."

"Great!" Michael hugged me.

I nearly panicked, what was I supposed to do in this situation?!

"Michael, give her your number. That way we can call her when we're coming to get her." Calum suggested.

I'm sorry, what did they just say? They were going to pick me up... In front of my house... Oh no. Oh no. No, no, no. Mom will be in such a panic. Maybe I can find a way to make sure she's not home.

Ashton came running back, "So whaddid I miss?"

"She's coming to our concert. Think we can get her in to meet the opening act?"

"We should. She'd have so much fun."

"I'm standing right here." I finally spoke up.

"We know." They laughed.

"Are you guys Australian or British? They're starting to sound the same to me.."

"Australia mate!"

"Haven't you watched our videos before?"

"No, I, um... I don't watch a lot of things."

"Ashton, pull up one of our songs."

"Alright, hang on.." Ashton tapped on his phone screen a few times and turned it around.

The video playing was on a roller coaster. I had to laughed at their faces in the speed the thing was going. Michael's cheek were pulled back, Ashton's hair was flying behind him and the other two were having breathing issues. I wasn't even paying attention to it when I pulled out my phone and started to blog.

"Great day at the music shop! Ran into a few people who introduced me to some good music and really funny videos! #australiansaresupercute!!" And took a picture of me smiling for once.

"Did you just take a selfie?" Luke asked laughing.

I dropped my head. Dang it, now I had to tell them about my blog...

"I did it for my blog. My followers never see me happy so..."

"You run a blog?!" Michael squeaked, "Dibs! My new best friend!" And he hugged me again.

"No I call dibs!!" Ashton hugged me too.

The other two jumped in protesting that they were my best friends too. Stoyles missed the best day ever.