Chapter 24

(Cry's P.O.V.)

As the players attacked the orthrus, I kicked Utio in the chest. He grunts, punching me in the face, cracking my mask slightly. I growl, grabbing his head and slammed it into the ground.

Utio rolls around laughing. "You truly are pathetic," he sneers, sending me flying backwards. I saw stars but noticed my health meter going up. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the nice one, Felix's finger tips were glowing purple. He smiles as I flip over Utio, avoiding his attack.

"Thank you!" I yell over my shoulder as I kicked Utio hearing a satisfying snap of his spine. He howls in pain, writhing on the ground.

Something sharp pierces through my left leg making my fall onto my knees. I glance down. Sticking out of my leg were three blood stained ice shards.

"That was a cheap trick you pulled," I breath through my clenched teeth. He smiles.

"Very cheap considering you snapped my spine." Icy hot pain flairs through me. I scream. "On the contrary if you're lucky enough, you'll die a quick death from the broken ice shards that are flowing through your veins right this second." I wince as my health slowly starts to run down. And just like the pain starts, it stops. Utio's eyes widen.

"What? Someone countered my spell?? Impossible!" I leap away from Utio as his eyes started to blaze with madness. "There must be a healer!" He yells using magic to stand up. "But who?" He glares directly at Felix. Big chunks of ice fly towards him. Without thinking, I throw up a shield around him, taking the full force of the blow.

"Wha-" his blue eyes widen as the chunks of ice hit the shield and disappeared through thin air. A force around my neck crushes my windpipe. I start to gag.

It was now that I realize Utio's face was hovering inches away from my own.

"Why can't you see how much pain these dweebs cause you?" Utio asks, his voice softening. The orthrus howls in pain in the background. "Do you see the harm that they are doing?" A little bit of air runs down my windpipe.

"That's only because you're forcing them to!" I croak, his face hardens.

"So be it," Utio hisses, throwing me back several feet. I cry out when my back hits a jagged piece of rock, leaving me breathless.

Through my blurred gaze, I watch him heal his spine using black magic, before he came charging at me.

"Falcon," I mutter, pulling my fist back. "Pawwwwwnch!!" Hitting him square in his jaw. His eyes widen as I kick him in the chest when he came down, sending him half way across the field.

My blood was boiling. My heart was pounding as I feel the madness arouse from its slumber.

Deep breaths Cry, deep breaths. But it doesn't help. A dagger appears in my hand as I tried to breathe.

Don't let it control you. Don't let it drown you. Don't let it. A eerie voice interrupts me.

Do it. It hisses. My vision slowly starting to turn red. Look at him thinking you're pathetic. He is running at you right now. He's going to win. But he never did. As soon as he was close to me, I stabbed him in the chest. His health completely depleted.

Utio stands there with his eyes bulging, mouth hanging wide open.

"B-but why Cry?" I didn't mean to say what I said next. It just came out.

"Because we're all mad in here, don't you think?" The last thing I saw were his eyes widen even more as he knew who had killed him.

"Mad?" He whispers as he faded away. When he was gone, the orthrus had vanished too.

I shake my head, the dagger disappearing. I had just killed again.

"We did it!" A cheerful voice rings out. I look over to see Felix jumping up in the air, high fiving Ken. I smile. Even though we were all blood spattered and bruised, they still manage to be cheerful.

However, it didn't last long. The temperature drops, lower than it ever has before. Even with warm armor on, I was cold. A dark, silhouette walks towards us from far away as clouds started blocking out the sun.

When the figure was closer, I heard happy shouts from around the group.

"Mark!" They all yell, about to run towards the guy that the Queen had tortured earlier, until the guy open his eyes. I heard someone gasp.

"Mark?" The green-haired guy whispers. Black eyes with red irises stared back at all of us. I swallow.

It was Dark.