Freedom

I wasn't sure when I'd fallen asleep but now I was awake. I had the worst nightmare of my life. Kyle had beaten and murdered Ethan. Tears covered my face from the nightmare. Then I looked down and realized it wasn't a dream. My body was covered in my blood, Ethan's blood. I wasn't wearing a shirt because I had taken it off to try and save Ethan. My arms, legs, chest, and abdomen were covered in my dead boyfriend's blood. There was so much blood. I didn't remember there being this much.

          New tears covered my cheeks as I remember the horrid memory of Kyle beating Ethan then stabbing him. My body ached and it hurt to move. It felt as if every bone in my body had been shattered. I was probably covered with bruises. I'd never forgive Kyle for this. Kyle had changed in prison and this time he was more aggressive than before. My body was emotionally drained from the night before. My body jolted when the door unlocked. I wiped away my fresh tears and stood up, despite my aching body. Kyle walked in, shutting the door behind him.

        "Good morning, Kelly." He said with a smile.

          How could he be so calm about this? Did he not see me covered in blood? He was pretending like he didn't just kill my boyfriend. I glared at him, refusing to speak. I hated him more than anyone in the world. I looked back down at the ground, not wanting to meet his angered stare.

         "I expect you to answer me when I talk to you." Kyle snarled, making me look up at him.

         "What happen to you?" I blurted out.

          "What do you mean, Sweetie?" He asked, innocently.

              Was he bipolar? He went from angry to nice in two seconds. I knew he wanted to try to be nice to me but my stubbornness pissed him off easily. I didn't reply to him because I had nothing I wanted to say to him. When he called my Sweetie, my heart broke. He stepped forward and I quickly stepped back.

           "Kelly, did you not learn anything from last night?" Kyle asked.

            "Are you serious? You murdered my boyfriend! No, I learned nothing except that you are a murderous, insane bastard!" I screamed, holding back my tears.

           "I told you what was done was your fault. You will behave, Kelly. I'm not screwing this up like last time. We will be together forever and you will eventually like it. Until then, you will behave or you will be punished." Kyle threatened.

            "Screw you, Kyle. You don't own me, I will never love you, especially after what you did last night." I shouted.

             He took a step closer to me and I retreated backward until I hit the wall. He was inches away from me and scanned my body with his predatory eyes. There was a tiny bit of guilt in them but that was quickly gone and replaced by nothing.

          "I didn't want to hurt you last night, are you okay?" He asked.

           "I'm fine." I muttered.

           He gave me a look suggesting that I was lying to him. Of course, I was lying but I wasn't going to complain to him and tell him that he beat the crap out of me. I thought that was pretty obvious. That and the fact that he murdered my boyfriend. Surely, I wasn't fine.

             "Come on, I'm moving you into another cell with another girl until we leave." Kyle said.

            "Until we leave?" I asked.

               "I found a new place for us which is more secluded. This place is underground for crying out loud and without plumbing." Kyle grinned again.