Ch:24-The Nightmare

Beginne am Anfang

"CEO of holiday inn."

"Never mind. What do you have to do with him? You have me right, so you should sleep as long as I sleep."

"Really? Are you a kid Sadia?"

"I am not a kid its your room that scares me Abrar, even in my dream, I am like why does this room scares me so much?"

"Oh what did you see in your dream then apart from the open windows and my scary room."

"Dream? It was a nightmare and you don't have to know Mr. Sherlock Holmes.

"Why?"

"Why do you want to know everything?"

"Because I don't want you to hide anything from me." When he said that, somewhere it did touch my heart for a moment. I realised even more that I was bounded to someone. I was Abrar's wife and I was married to him. It falls in my duty to be loyal in this relationship and to him and I expect the same from him too.

"Abrar should I believe you for what you said about Taniya in the car?"

"Sadia I wouldn't ever lie to you." I looked at him. He looks so good when lying on the bed, extremely hot. And now when he kept his hand between the pillow and head, his biceps became the centre of attention. Girls must have died on him in his college and university days. I still don't believe he belongs to me and someone like him is my husband. I didn't expect so much.

"You might have a lot of girlfriends in your college right?"

"That's why you brought me here? To chitchat in the middle of the night."

"Fine goodnight." Arrogant! He doesn't even let you talk to him. I closed my eyes turning my back to him.

"I was too busy in college with extracurricular activities. I didn't have girlfriends but I had a girlfriend."

"Oh really. Who was she?" I turned back immediately to him. The way he said that felt as if she was someone special. Doesn't she have to be? After all she was the one and only girlfriend of the hottest entrepreneur Abrar Ahmed.

"Why you want to hunt her down?" He said with his little rude and cocky tone.

"It's insulting talking to you Abrar. Good night." I turn my back this time with the strong intention of not opening my eyes anymore. It was a while of no one talking and of pure silence. I thought he slept.

"Sadia." But then he didn't, as he called out my name.

"Hmmm." I said almost drowsing back to sleep.

"Do you still love him?" As soon as the words reached my ear, I felt all my sleep just vanished in a second. Like a plane of paper flying through the window. Why did it even matter anymore now? I was Abrar's and that's what mattered. There was no point of talking about Maruf.

"What should I think of this silence?"

"Nothing. Does it even matter? Things won't change Abrar."

"And if I say that things can change." I felt the lump in my throat, as he said that. Without any second thoughts one thing that I was very sure about was, that this marriage was all that was important to me now. Maruf was my past and there was no space of him in my married life anymore.

"I would say I wouldn't need that change." I said being confident about my answer, in my calmest and lowest voice, being sure that he heard me.

"Go to sleep."

~~~~~~

I couldn't sleep even for a second after our conversation ended. My heart was beating so hard, with an unexplainable fear that I could hear it beating the entire time. That night I made up my mind that no matter what happens now, I would try to make this marriage successful. I would fulfil the promise, that I gave to dad, with all my want and dedication.