Distorted Reflection

Catoptrophobia - fear of mirrors

Sarah stopped, the sign in front of her becoming the only thing in her line of vision.

Fun House-straight ahead

"Come on Sarah!" Her friends yelled. "We're going to the Fun House, you in?"

She took a shaky breath. "Yeah... yeah I'm in."

Sarah tried to walk a slowly as she could, trailing behind her friends as they laughed and skipped to the Fun House. She wouldn't mind the other parts of the House, but the mirrors. No. No way. She hated normal mirrors in the first place, but ones that twisted your image gruesomely were way worse in her mind. 

The large building was set in the back of the park, brightly colored paint slightly chipping off the old, rotted wood. The Fun House was one of the parts of the park that hadn't been remodeled in the past couple of years. Made it scarier, the manager said.

Only a couple feet away, the bright yellow ramp sloped upward to the deep black doorway. Sarah could hear wicked carnival music coming from inside. Taking a deep breath, she steeled herself and walked through the doorway after her friends. She could hear them laughing and screaming in the deeper parts of the House.

Sarah barely jumped as a clown launched itself from a dark corner at her. Didn't even scream when a knife-wielding clown fake-stabbed at her. Her breathing got steadily faster as she moved deeper into the Fun House.

And then she was there.

Hall of Mirrors.

The sign read, an arrow indicating an arched doorway, through that she could see what looked like miles of hallways, each surface covered with mirrors. Everything reflected of each other so she had no idea where she was going.

She could feel tears coming to her eyes. She was lost. She was going to die here in this sea of mirrors. She couldn't breathe.

Sarah started hyperventilating as she stumbled farther down the hallway, trying to follow the sound her friends laughter. Finally, she collapsed in front of a mirror and stared at her distorted reflection. The mirror was relatively normal, except it made it look like she was smiling instead of sobbing. She stared, transfixed at the mirror. It was incredible how there was no trace of tears on her reflection's cheeks and it seemed to be smiling out at her like she had just won the lottery.

As she watched, it seemed like the reflection's smile grew more sinister. Intriged, she reached out her hand to touch her reflection's face. The reflection mirrored her movement until she rested her hand on the glass.

As soon as her hand touched the cool surface, the reflection smiled, showing all of its teeth. Teeth that were not Sarah's, wickedly sharp teeth. When both their fingers met on the glass, the reflection shot its hand out of the mirror. Sarah screamed as it grabbed a fistful of her shirt and pulled her towards it. She screamed again, thrashing around.

"Sarah?" She heard one of her friends call. All the laughter was gone from their voices as they called out to her, trying to get to her through the maze of mirrors.

Meanwhile, Sarah was being pulled towards the mirror, ever closer. For some reason she wasn't able to pass through the mirror, much to her reflection's displeasure. It slammed her repeatedly into the mirror as she screamed, her fear building. Her face smashed into the glass, breaking her nose and sending cracks spider webbing through the mirror. It started to shatter, big chunks raining down on her and cutting her face and arms. Then one particularly big and sharp chunk fell, landing right on her neck.

A big cut sliced itself across her jugular. She choked and thrashed. Her reflection's hand was gone now, shattered with the mirror.

Her friends found her like that, bleeding out slowly. Surrounded by her worst fear.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I killed again :D Better get used to that, it will probably happen in every story :)

Comment, vote, whatever:)