Chapter Thirty-Three. Skylar.

Skylar was just wrapping up her businesses meeting with Jamie. She was excited to have gotten a Lew client. She couldn't wait to become a lawyer. She appreciated that Jamie kept her distance throughout the meeting and didn't try anything with her. And she now she couldn't wait to get home to Taylor.
"We work good together, Skylar", said Jamie as Skylar packed up to leave.
"Uh, yeah we do, I guess"
"You should be my assistant..."
Skylar giggled, "You pay more than your mom?"
"Uh, well-"
"I didn't think so. Have a good day Jamie", Skylar got up and left and when she turned back, she could see that Jamie had a long face. But she didn't understand why. Skylar wasn't eligible, in her head she was practically married. She kept walking.

When Skylar got home, Taylor was sleeping on the couch. She smiled at the sight. How could someone be so beautiful. And as peaceful as Skylar thought she looked, she decided she still was going to wake her.
Skylar straddled Taylor and began kissing all over her face.
Taylor let out a small sigh, smiled and opened one eye, "I'm glad to see my baby is home. I missed you"
"I missed you more. How was your day"
Taylor closed her eyes and shook her head, "I don't think you wanna know"
Skylar was intrigued, "Now I definitely wanna know. Tell me"
"Well, the other day when the whole thing happened with my ex. She told me that Brianna told her she thought she was better for me than you"
"EXCUSE ME-"
"I'm not done babe. So I asked Brianna to go with me to shop for some art supplies, so I could ask her what was up"
"Okay, continue"
"Well, she admitted to saying that. I asked why, and shit. And long story short, the bitch basically told me she wished I was in love with her"
Skylar's head popped out her head. She couldn't find the right words, Taylor continued.
"I left after that. Because that shit just got too wild and I felt like I was gonna have to beat her the fuck up"
"I thought she was straight"
"She always dipped and dapped with females"
"Well if I ever see that bitch, Imma fuck her-"
"Babe"
Skylar stopped because she knew that this girl had been Taylor's friend for years. So she was going to let her live. But one wrong word and she wouldn't have choice but to fuck her up.
"Okay, Taylor. She goes untouched for now"

Taylor had a night shift at the hotel tonight and Skylar knew she would be bored without her being there. So she decided she wanted to go out to eat with Zora and Raina. She texted them in a group message.

Skylar
*Hi loves. Taylor is going out tonight and I don't know how to be in the house by myself anymore. So would you guys like to go out to dinner with me?*

Raina
*I miss you too, MySky. I'm with it. I'll get dressed now.*

Zora
*Sure Bestie. Where you wanna go? Mortons?*

Skylar
*Nah. Capitol Grille. 1 hour.

Zora
*Okay. See y'all there*

Skylar got dressed and picked out a cream colored, form fitting dress that came to her ankles and nude stilettos. She decided to pull her hair back in a bun and put a little bit of eyeliner on with a touch of lipgloss. She giggled to herself a little before leaving her apartment because she knew if Taylor could see her, she would tell her to change. But she was going to use tonight to just have a good time with her friends.

Skylar, Zora and Raina, all arrived at the same time. And when they got there, they thought they would have to wait but just like Zora always is. She called and made a reservation. Skylar and Raina were graceful because they both were starving.
They got seated and immediately ordered, but all of a sudden, someone came over to their table.
"Hi, Skylar"
It was Nina.
Skylar was surprised, "Uhm hi, Nina"
"What are you doing here?"
"What does it look like everyone is doing here- eating"
"Right. Right. That was a dumb question. I just came over to say hi and see how you were doing"
"I'm good."
"Well that's nice. I'm dating someone else now. Her name is Lena"
Skylar knew the name, but she never seen her before, so she had no idea if it was Taylor's EX. She was going to think happy thoughts though and not dwell.
Finally, Raina had enough
"Nina, if you don't mind. We'd like to eat dinner and have some girl time."
"Oh yeah. No problem. That's fine."
Nina walked away and Skylar followed her with eyes so she could see the girl she was with.
But her phone vibrating 3 times and the sight of Taylor's name popping up on the screen made her forget about anything else, she opened her phone to read what she had sent:

Taylor
*WHY THE FUCK DID BRIANNA JUST SEND ME PICTURES OF YOU TALKING TO NINA!?*
*WHERE YOU AT YO!?*
*WHY YOU AINT TELL ME YOU WAS GOING OUT!?*