PROLOGUE: A MISUNDERSTANDING

I started at him with my eyes full of tears, I had never felt so pathetic in my life; I believe that I never scoop so low in my life.

And it was all because of him.

"Please Alex, you have to understand." He said, his eyes were full of pain, there was sincerity but I couldn't handle it anymore.

"You betrayed me." I said as I shook my head, I couldn't listen to his lies anymore.

"I didn't, I would never do that to someone much less to you." He said as he tried to grab my hands but I took a step back.

"I can't believe you would ever do something like this Ian." I said as I looked at him still not believing at me, part of me wanted to not believe that it was true yet the evidence was loud and clear, it was time I woke up to the cold reality.

I didn't like reality.

"Alex, it was a misunderstanding." Ian said as he looked at me, his voice was strangled up.

I closed my eyes and gave a sight.

"I know." I said softly before I met his gaze.

"Then why did you-?" Ian started to say confused before I cut him off.

I couldn't let him finish nothing without jeopardizing my final decision, this was for the best.

"You lied to me Ian, you said what you said knowing what the consequences were going to be." I said as I felt the tears roll down my face. "You knew Ian yet you risked everything."

Ian looked down ashamed.

"I'm sorry." Ian said quietly. "I just didn't know what to do but I really didn't mean to hurt you."

"Don't you think it's a little bit late for that?" I asked him as I kept my distance. "It's too late Ian."

"What do you mean?" He asked me confused. "What do you mean by its too late?"

I gave a deep sigh; this was the time to say it.

"I already made my decision and no matter what you say is going to make me change my mind." I said before I bit the inside of my cheek, I never realized how bad this was going to hurt. "There's honestly no future between you and I, this is for the best."

I knew that it was clearly a lie but I couldn't.

"Please Alex just give me another chance." Ian said pleading. "Please Alex, don't."

"I'm tired of giving you chances all you do is let me down." I said and left not before giving a small whisper. "I'm sorry."

Maybe just maybe all of this memory lost was the best thing that could happen to me, I had realized who Ian really was before I did something I would regret for the rest of my life.

But all of this didn't change the fact that my heart was breaking into a million of pieces, it felt as if it was the end for me.

I had realized how people were using me the whole time but this was the last time I was going to let people make a fool out of me.

And it didn't matter how many times Ian would ask me the same sentence over and over again.

"I love you, don't you remember me?"

Those words would echo through my mind for years...