IX - Iniquity Ideas

Camila's POV

I paced back and forth in our living room with my mind flooded with horrific images of Lauren slowly dying, her eyes filled with tears as she placed her right hand onto her forehead, thinking it was just the rain but once she felt a tinge of pain, she was wrong. She tried to stand up but her feet were numb. She scanned around trying to get a glimpse of her black matte motorcycle that she earned for getting honours.

She was helpless, worthless at that moment. Her phone was wet and destroyed. No one is around at this time and the storm coming is just making it worse. She didn't want to die like that, she had a lot of dreams and a life full of journey.

I paused and shake my head erasing that awful, dreadful thoughts. I can't lose her. I know we officially just met, excluding being drunk and sharing that -oscar winning- kiss,  I felt that connection. That strong connection, she drawn me not only with her sweet, matcha coloured eyes but her being mysterious.

The more I look or even stare at her right in the eyes the deeper I fall in love and the farther I get to unravelling her story.

The fact that I can't read her makes me more attracted to her. She's like a never ending maze and as much as I want to reach the end I'd rather stay stuck if it means being with her forever.

"If she is dead then there is no forever, for me" I felt a portion of my right cheek being wet and I immediately realised that I am indeed crying, maybe because it is my fault her mom has been leaving missed calls, her daughter could be hurt and I was selfish.

I am very prideful when it comes to people making me mad. I hate that part of me but it taught me who were the ones I could trust and who I couldn't. If they were going to judge me or hear me out. It would end with me never talking to them but Lauren was an exception.

I hid my face with my hands and I started to sob loudly. I felt a pair of arms wrapped around me. I didn't care who was hugging me but it felt like home. I didn't notice that I reciprocated the act. The stranger hugging me was now rubbing circles on my back and my sobbing was now a bit quieter.

Names of people who were living in this house filled my mind. Who am I hugging? Ally and her family had to leave me with the maid yesterday because they had an emergency. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the note the maid left that she was going to buy some grocery and run some errands, she said she would be home before lunch if possible.

"Camz, it's okay." I hear the stranger's soothing voice. It's so low, full and husky, i love that combination. It seemed to be that the stranger is sick. i can sense a cold when I hear one's voice. It then hit me, who am I hugging? It could be a serial killer? A stalker? Or worse, a pervert?

I quickly loosen my grip and tried to push the stranger away but the stranger didn't want me to escape. "Please, let me go." I whispered, not having the strength that I used to have.

The stranger's head popped up and asked  "Why?" I took this chance to look at the stranger. The stranger is a she.

"Lolo.." I whispered and a smile formed on my lips while she cups my face and she slowly ran her thumb across my cheek "Camz.." her hands were warm and her eyes melted into mine.

"Will you forgive me?" her eyes were full of agony, pain that I surely caused. I pushed her away with force and her eyes widen at my action.