VIII - Hampered Harpoon

The tall figure slowly approached and thanks to the decorative pendant downward light, which emitted enough light. I could now see the person's feet then its legs and completely everything. She was wearing her signature dress and pumps, that favorite necklace of hers and her famous ring. She had a mischievous grin plastered on her face as she stared me down with a meter stick in hand.

"Paulette?" As I mention her name she grabbed the neck of my chair, dragging me just in front of the small TV.

"It's a good thing I didn't knock you out on the first place."

"Why the fuck did you kidnap me?" I wanted to slap her that moment and she shake her head at how stupid I was. "We just said it like two minutes ago." It was Rachel who said that "How stupid can she be?" then Jade.

"How'd you get my phone number?" Jade and Rachel were now arguing at me. They were so pissed "This girl is seriously not updated with who we are.." Rachel raised her hand with annoyance "Like.. Seriously? We're so popular here. We have everyone's phone number." Jade raised her eyebrow, roll her eyes and to then walk to the side of the TV.

Paulette shuts them up with a snap and their eyes were back on me. I'm in so much trouble "We care for Camila" there was a hint of truth in her voice as she pointed at the CDs scattered on the floor "Unlike you who did nothing but ignore her and blame her for something she did not do at all." What was she talking about?

Paulette fixed her position on the couch and her aura returned "Don't act like we don't know shit." I pursed my lips and I acted all innocent, not knowing what to say. "We know that you and your little friends blamed us for spreading that medical record of yours that Camila told us isn't true." Rachel took a CD out and placed it in front of me "And as much as we wanted to be the ones responsible for the rumors" she paused before Jade inserted the CD inside the player.

"We weren't." I looked at the TV and it showed me the clip that Belle showed me weeks before. Paulette paused the part where she was taking out some medical records. "They didn't show you the whole clip." then she continued "or any other angles leading to this office."

The video clipped showed Belle and Becky sneaking inside the school. They passed by the Janitor without getting notice and they were successful enough to get inside the office. Becky was the one responsible taking out the medical records and Belle was the one doing the editing. Paulette came in to check some stuff and followed them shortly. She was arranging the files in the cabinet. "You see?" Paulette placed the remote down on the table "You judge too quickly." I trusted those two with my life and yet they were the ones responsible after all.

"I am the one responsible of our school's magazine but I wasn't the one assigned for the printing and the articles placed in." I still stared at the video and I still couldn't believe what I just saw. "Becky prints and Belle edits, I also know that Belle's a hacker." My hands started to hurt from the rope and Paulette must've noticed.

"Where are you going with this?" Rachel was instructed to untie me from the chair and Jade carefully place a glass of water on the table. "Have you ever thought about the idea that she framed Camila's tumblr account so that the two of you would fight?" I never thought of that. "I guess not." she must've read my mind.

"Becky likes you right?" I nod " and Belle's her best friend." that I don't know. "You'll do anything to help your best friend out." I rubbed my wrist and I looked down onto my hands as I felt nothing but shame. I've never been this wrong in my entire life. "Look" Paulette placed her hand on my shoulder "Camila really likes you and I won't say the other L word cause that's her job" For awhile I smiled and it was because I realized she wasn't that bad after all.