VII - Garbled Games

Betrayal

From all the people I've been seeing my whole life, my batch mates and best friends, it had to be the one person whom I've trusted, the one I truly love or did love. I can't express how angry I am and hurt that in a span of two weeks she has been using me for fame. She said she wanted to be treated the same way, to live a normal life well I guess when you grew up with a rich family it's already in your blood. She wanted to be on the top and she makes sure of it. People are nice and it's their choice to be and will always be a choice but she picked not to.

What is wrong with me?

What was I thinking?

On my way home, it was already dark and for the first time in my life I felt at peace despite my fear of what's in the dark. I guess I was caught up thinking of reasons why would Camila do it. Was it because Paulette wanted her to do it? But why? she could've said 'No'. She had a choice and everyone has but why me? What did I ever do to Paulette for her to hate me? I've been silent, I've been ignoring her and I never fought back. I always saw what her group did from harmless pranks to humiliating ones. I wanted to help those victims but I was afraid that my own silence would be ruin of one act.

Now, I feel what they felt. Loneliness.

I'm an independent person or at least I try to be, this is my life after all. If I could solve a math equation or riddle then I could solve this problem too and that was my number one goal, nothing and no one will stand in my way.

As I saw the familiar house that I lived for 18 years I let out a small breathe and I relaxed myself. I didn't want to mix the person I am in school and the person I am inside of the house which means my family doesn't know anything about my school life mainly what I go through everyday and I want it to stay that way so it wouldn't be chaotic. One last step until I was at the front door. I took the spare key from the pocket of my favorite black leather jacket and I carefully slid it inside the hole, twisting it making sure not to create such noise. Knowing my family they would ask questions instantly and it's never ends.

I twisted the door knob and pulled it open, I notice that the house was quite quiet. Once I was in I closed the door behind me and I made my way to the kitchen as I noticed the burning sensation of my throat, I was thirsty. I open the cupboard and quietly took the glass. I carefully opened the refrigerator and pulled out the pitcher. As I was filling up the glass I noticed a paper attached to the upper part of the refrigerator. After filling up the glass I swiftly place it back inside the refrigerator and I closed it. I read the note:

Lauren Michelle,

Me and your father are going out, His band got invited into some celebration party and he wanted me to come with him. We left you some food in the refrigerator and don't worry we'll be back in three hours maybe more cause you know your father he loves to socialize.

Love, Mom.

That's great, Dad loved the band and my Mom is super supportive of it. Well the band was the reason why they met and it's true by the way. My dad used to joke around the they formed the band and make music mostly because they wanted to get laid. I guess I had my own ways and I did have the gift but I wanted to do it for only one. Unfortunately that only one doesn't deserve it. As I took the last sip of my water I heard some footsteps behind me.

"Lauren?" I squinted my eyes "Where were you?" the figure walked closer and it was Taylor.

"I was at.. Uhm, Camila's" Taylor smirked at the mention of her name "Are you together?" She asked, crossing her arms. Well to tell you the truth I don't really know. I never asked her to be my girlfriend and it was only 'just for show' in the carnival so it technically means it still is until school. "Sort of" I answered as I placed the glass on the sink.