She had texted: Hey there! I know things haven't been working out for us lately and I understand. It's very hard to stay away from you. Can we at least be friends? I'm so sorry Con, please forgive me.

My heart gave a loud thud in my chest coaxing me to respond to her. Maybe being just friends wasn't that bad of an idea.

Did I really affect her so much?

"Dude..." Damon gulped "...I'll consider you as a heartless bitch if you don't respond to that"

I smiled and typed: Hey Kim. I'm sorry too if I've hurt you in any way. And yes, we can be really good friends.

"You guys are so fucking cute" Damon pouted "But...why are you guys just friends?"

I told Damon to shut up for now and that I'll explain everything later. I waited with bated breath for Kimberly's reply.

The message popped up: I'm very glad! So...how's your exam preparation working out?

"Oh burn!" Damon giggled beside me "Tell her you haven't even started!"

I rolled my eyes and replied: Umm...well I'm kinda struggling.

Her reply was instant: I can help if you want!

"Whoa" Damon whistled and eerie tune as soon as he read the text "This girl is really into you"

It was a blatant fact that Kimberly was trying to strengthen our relationship. I needn't stop her, I was already over Harley. Maybe now I could give Kimberly the attention that she craved?

Our teacher entered the class and asked us to stop doing everything.

I replied hurriedly: Sure! I'd love some help. Meet me at my house on Friday...ttyl :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caleb

I was busy talking to one of my friends when I saw Connor walk into the school. He didn't notice me and went straight into the premises.

I'm the one who goes for a long drive every morning and takes the car away but Connor never argued with me about it. He merrily just walks all the way here.

If only he had forgiven me yesterday.

I missed him so much...

These memories killed me.

Two newborn babies holding hands when they entered the rowdy world.

Two little boys having midnight pillow fights.

Two young boys trolling neighbours.

Two teenage guys egging cars.

Two youthful guys...

...fighting and hitting eachother over a girl.

How shameful...

I wanted to run to him and fall to my knees and pray for forgiveness. Pray for him to come back. Pray for him to be normal again.

I didn't want him to leave me and live separately...not so fast...

"Caleb?" my friend snapped his fingers in front of my face "You okay?"

"I'll be right back" I half-whispered and took off.

I took off into the school.

My feet pounded on the smooth, rigid tiles of the school. My eyes hastily scanned the crowd of the students pushing past me.

"Where is Connor?"

"Did you see Connor?"

"Where'd Connor go?"

I asked the students.

There was a burning guilt that arose in me the moment our fight had started. But something had added fuel to the fire and now that burning guilt had exploded.

I had to apologise before this guilt burns me entirely.

I was running here and there, trying to look for him when my eye caught something.

Upfront, where it wasn't much crowded, Gina Valentine stood leaning to her locker...talking to some guy.

I stopped to eavesdrop.

"You're beautiful...I mean it" the blonde guy leaned closer to her and whispered something in her ear.

She chuckled "No Ethan...I don't feel like being anyone's girlfriend right now"

"Oh c'mon baby" he tucked a strand of Gina's hair behind her ear "Don't let that ditcher Caleb fuck up your life"

Gina looked down at the floor miserably and said "He already has"

My heart throbbed.

Guilt.

So much guilt.

How many more lives have I destroyed?

This Ethan guy slid his fingers down Gina's naked arms.

"Ethan...stop" Gina pushed him away but Ethan grabbed her waist and pulled her to him. She tried to pull out of his grip but he held her like he owned her.

Gina pinched him on his arm. He instantly let go of Gina but when she was stomping away...he whistled at her.

I clenched my fists tight.

Ethan was being disrespectful to her. I know I catcall a lot but there was something different about Gina. She was my ex but it surely doesn't mean I'd let any random guy flirt with her when she doesn't like it.

I jogged as fast as possible before Ethan could make another move and stood in front of Gina.

"What do you think you're doing?" I pushed Ethan away from Gina.

"Oh look who came to the rescue" Ethan smirked as he walked toward me "Listen to me douche, you're a 'no one' to Gina anymore so stay out of my business or-"

Before he could complete his sentence, I punched him on his jaw.

Ethan impacted hard on the ground but it took him no time to get back up on his feet. I dashed toward him to give him another thrust on his chest but Gina stopped me halfway.

"Caleb no!" she placed her hands on my chest "Just...please just stop"

A few students around came sprinting upto us. a few of Ethan's friends convinced him to stop fighting and took him away with them until I was left standing alone with Gina.

"Caleb...I don't know what you want from me..." she pursed her lips "...but I want you to leave me alone"

My lips parted. I didn't know how to react to that. Didn't I just save her?

"You have to believe that I'm strong enough to handle myself now" she continued in a muffled voice "It hurts whenever I see you Caleb and I really want to make this ache fade away. I want to forget what you did to me. So, please, I beg you to stay out of my sight"

Saying that, she stomped away...

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Wow guys, did you realize...Caleb is slowly losing all his reputation?

Let me know your thoughts on this chapter and your reviews about the story so far cause I really really love comments!

Thank you so much for sticking with this book! I love you guys so much T_T

Keep voting, keep commenting, keep making people happy!

Love, K.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/