14| Shock

Dedicated to:NothingRonWithMe

Thank you for the votes and comments girl! You kept me motivated all the time :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Remember, when you forgive, you heal, and when you let go, you grow"

~Anonymous

Connor

I walked down the highschool halls toward my locker, my body limping and exhausted like a mega-lethargic zombie.

It was Monday for fuck's sake!

My shoulder collided with another guy and he turned around and yelled "Hey check it out, it's Connor"

Another guy blurted "You killed the party man!" he patted my back so hard, my morning breakfast jumped in awe.

I smiled and walked away. I felt lightheaded, drained, surprised and mostly, depressed. I was in no mood of having any conversation related to parties.

I spotted Alberto at his locker and my mind took me back to yesterday.

Kimberly...

I was living the worst part of my life. I was in love with a girl who was in love with my brother. My brother and I had a fight, a genuine one, and now my ex-girlfriend shows up. Nothing could get worse than this.

I rejected Kim.

I didn't want to. I wanted to stay there longer with her. I wanted to get to know her, how much she had changed.

I couldn't.

My best friend was in love with her. Yes, Alberto, that idiot. If I tell him he's been hitting on my ex, he'll be down in the dumps but I can't help it. It's been his tradition since long. The moment he runs into a hot girl, he falls in love.

"Al, we need to talk" I exclaimed.

He turned at gazed at me, with the same old bitchy smirk spreading across his face "You have AIDS right?"

"What?" I asked, puzzled "No, it's about Kimberly!"

"Damn" he banged the locker with his fist "When are you gonna admit you're a perv?"

"Alberto Gonzalez I'm serious!" I yelled making others around turn and look at us.

Alberto nodded, his eyes giving me the 'damn-you-said-my-full-name' look.

I asked him if he knew what Kimberly looked like, and just as I had anticipated, he shook his head.

I asked, trying my best not to sound scornful, if there was any chance that the girl he met at Julian's doorstep and at the flower shop was brunette, wavy haired, had brown cat eyes and had pale skin?