2| Misery

Dedicated to: Naisha_n

Thank you for the votes bud!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"The saddest kind of sad is when your tears can't even drop and you feel nothing. It's like the world has just ended. You don't cry. You don't hear. You don't see. You just stay there. For a second, the heart dies..."
~Anonymous

"~Anonymous

Connor

I strolled down the road, making short, uneasy steps. What just happened back at lunch had taken me by surprise. The girl, who I thought didn't even know me, knew my brother. She knew my brother really well.

The trees lined on the path drooped and swayed in the breeze like melancholic old Voodoo dolls. The wind was cold. It caressed my face as it rushed across the street. My dark brown hair swished with the frosty swirls of air.

Damon walked close besides me; his eyes glued to the rock he'd been kicking since we left the school premises.

I took a deep breath and leisurely exhaled, it was going to be fine. All I had to do was to go and notify Caleb that his dream girl was waiting for him. And when he'll ask me "Why are you giving up?" then I'll say "she was never mine and she'll never be" and I'll stride away. That's all I had to do, how much effort will I have endeavour for that?

The answer was in fact - a lot.

"Hey buddy?" Damon finally spoke, breaking the silence. His voice was deep and husky, as if he saw through my heart and felt sorry for me "You alright?"

"Yeah" I replied casually and nodded frantically "Tell me one thing Damon..."

He looked up at me, cocking his eyebrows.

"Why is it always my brother?" I let out a nervous-laugh, with painful-dimples invading my cheeks "I mean, we're the same, then why is it always him? Just because he's a badass?"

It was indeed, always him. My first crush, a girl I met in middle school, later went forward to become best friends with Caleb. A girl living in our neighbourhood became my good friend and later, she became Caleb's girlfriend.

My first girlfriend told me she liked Caleb more than me and he doesn't even know it yet.

I felt worthless, my heart shattered into a million pieces. Will this keep on happening ceaselessly now?

"I'm sorry about Harley" Damon patted my shoulder.

"Sorry just about her?" I smiled at him "Better be sorry about every girl I've adored till date"

-----------------------------------------------------

Twisting the knob of the main door, I gave it a push to open it. Silence was the only thing I met. That was weird; Caleb usually had ear-splitting rap music bursting through the speakers because mom usually went shopping at this time. Was mom home?