Chapter 13: Humanlike

OHMYGOSH. FINALLY! An update for y'all. HAHAHAHA I'm really sorry guys. I was extremely busy the past months. You know, it's hard to be an architecture student and a fanfiction writer at the same time. :D But here it is!

Several days have passed after I've met Seolhyun for the first time here on Earth. She moved in with me that very day without even asking for my permission but since we're best friends, I eventually got fine with it.

Having her with me in my apartment was probably the best thing that has happened to me on here so far. I can talk to her about everything in my head, including Yoongi, even if I know it is best not to talk or think about him.

Whenever he crosses into my head, even if it's a good thought with him, there will always be a certain pain only the thought of him gives. And this distinct pain tripled when I finally have rad the back of the note he gave.

Just stay away from me, please. I don't need your help. You cannot heal me. You can't do anything about it.

His words were so powerful that it got me for real. What if I really can't help him? What if there was really no way a mere angel like me could help him?

"Yah! Soohye! I just asked you what suits me more. This one or this one?" Seolhyun interjected my thoughts as she showed two different dresses; one was knee-length peach red and the other was a skimpy ruby red outfit I would never wear.

"Any of the two will suit you

"Any of the two will suit you. You don't have to worry choosing," I replied groggily although I wanted her to wear the first one since guys might disrespect her. I didn't tell her though because I know she would look good too with the other dress.

"What's wrong with you? You aren't the same Soohye anymore. You ignore me. You don't answer my simple questions. You're always spacing out, looking to a distance. Soohye, I am not your bestfriend for nothing. You can tell me whatever it is," she worriedly complained.

I just stared at her for long after she finished speaking until my vision became blurry. I cried. I sobbed like when I have to part ways with my fellow angels for my earth mission. I sobbed like it is something I've been doing since I became, like I was born for it.

My heart was crashing like it was made to de broken. For the first time in my long existence in this universe, I felt like I am going to explode from the inside and no unearthly power could even stop my imaginary ticking bomb from blowing up right now.

"I didn't realize you were hurting this much. There.. there..," for the first time in a long time, Seol ran out of words to say. I knew at this point she absorbed the pain I was had since she cried with me. She tapped my back to console me then, motioned her palms in circles.

I let go of her hug and finally spoke.

"Seolhyun-ah, I am sorry you have to see me this way knowing we just met again after a long time. It's just that, these feeling I have, I don't know how to handle it. I never knew it could get this bad. Will you help me?" I explained in between sniffles.