Chapter 10: Kim Seok Jin

It's past 10pm and I was still sitting on my couch with my earphones on trying to make a new beat for Bangtan's new album. I was assigned to work with Jungkook in producing new songs since we are into the same type of music. We were supposed to compose lyrics too. I haven't met him for this week yet so I'm doing it on my own for now.

Composing lyrics of songs is very hard for me. I've never tried it yet since I cannot relate to human feelings. Whenever I would listen to music, I only pay attention to the beat, rhythm, the sound but, never to the words.

The tune itself speaks the emotions of a song. A good melody is what makes a song perfect, I thought before. However, I had a conversation with Bang Shihyuk-nim and he told me that 'A perfect song has lyrics from the heart, and a melody with the same emotions.' Therefore, it all varies on the lyrics, the wordings, which I hardly could understand.

Unfortunately, the theme of the comeback this time was about love. I listened to a lot of love songs so I could at least get the feeling of being in love since us, angels don't feel any of it, as they say. Jungkook told me, too that he used to watched romantic dramas or films before writing a love song so, I think I'll watch one later.

I listened to Peach by IU as suggested by Jungkook. It's a very sweet song- sweet lyrics, sweet melody.

My eyes keep going to that white face

Why don't I even get sick of you?

When you slightly smile at me, I really go crazy

How can you be so pretty baby?

How can I explain this feeling?

When I see you my heart becomes numb and sore

Oh, with what word can I explain you?

All the words of the world is not enough

With those legs that are so pretty by just standing still

You walk toward me and hug me

I'm not sure but I got really happy hearing the song. It put a sweet smile to my face. It affected me. I guess I am slowly 'feeling' human now that I'm on my 12th mission, as Mori told me before.

The song reminded me of someone, actually- a man with a white face, and pretty legs.

Although, I don't think I have a crush on him because I can't. But when he smiles, my heart really feels weird. It sores, yes. It thumps like it's gonna get out of my chest.

Does that mean..?? No no no Soohye..

That's impossible. I cannot like him that way. Maybe, I'm just sympathizing with him that's why I feel that way. Besides, my heart beat so fast too when I met Jin a while ago.

Why would it beat so fast that time?

Suddenly, my phone rang and an unknown number showed up. It's probably a workmate.

"Yeobeoseyo. May I know wh—"

"Soohye I told you I would call you. Pfft," a familiar voice interrupted.

"Seokjin-ah?"

"Uh-huh. This is the face of Bangtan. The handsome face you forgot," he chuckled shortly.

"Jeongmal choeseonghamnida. I didn't mea—"

"Yah! Why do you have to speak so formally? Haha it's okay. It's no big deal actually. I just want to make fun of you."

"Okay. Uhmm... why did you call? Do you need anything?"

"Yes,"he said quickly with an excited tone.