“Chelsea,” he said walking over to her. “Everything is going to be okay, your mom will make it.” He wrapped his arms around her and held her while she cried.

“How do you know Alexander?” She asked.

“I don’t, but you will be happy.” He said. She wrapped her arms around his waist, in a never ending hug.

“I have an idea.” She said.

“Don’t Chelsea, I know where this is leading, and it can’t happen.” He said with an authoritive tone

“Why not if you just change her then she will be okay, I won’t lose my mom.” She said with some hope, trying to reason with her.

“I can’t Chelsea; if I could then I would in a heartbeat just to make you happy.” He said honestly

“But why not Alexander?!” she asked sharply tears starting to form all over again.

“Because Chelsea! There are rules!” he yelled. “I will not break them, I can’t break them!”

The sound of his loud voice made the tears fall from her eyes, he went to wipe them away but she pushed his hand away from her.

“Don’t touch me.” She said.

He could tell he had upset her, he never wanted to do that to her but he did.

“I’m sorry, Chelsea I really am, but..” he trailed off.

“The rules yeah I know, maybe you will explain them to me one day, but for now I think that it would be best if you left.” She said.

“Chelsea come on.” He said.

“No.” she left the room and said in the bathroom hoping that when she went back into her room he would be gone.

Hearing her cry made him mad and upset, he wanted to go to her and put his arms around her but he was the reason she was upset.

He didn’t think he would ever do that to her. But he did and it came from nowhere.

Somewhere though, deep down there was a tugging on his heart, his heart was saying to go to her no matter how she was feeling or how upset he was with her, and tell her how he feels, but his brain wasn’t doing what he heart wanted. His brain wanted to leave her, but his legs wouldn’t move from that one spot in the bedroom.

That was until his legs started to move toward the bathroom door, he knocked once but she didn’t answer him, instead of knocking a second time he opened the door and saw her sitting on the bathroom counter looking at the floor.

He walked over to her and lifted her head up. This time it was his heart talking not his brain, because if it was his brain he wouldn’t have said anything just so he could protect her.

“I care about you Chelsea, more than you know, I don’t want to see you upset, I want to see you happy, this is just a stepping stone, you will live through it okay, I will be here with you every step of the way.” He said.

“So will i.” Another voice said from the door.

When he told her that he cared she didn’t know what to do, she just stared into his eyes, with shock in hers.  He said he would be there with her every step of the way and she was thankful for that. After she heard the other voice she looked up and saw Chelsea standing there, her red hair looked even brighter than before.

She pushed Alexander way and ran over to Ashley; she caught Ashley in a bone crashing hug.

“Everything will be fine, I promise.” Ashley said.

“Okay, I never thought that I would have another friend again.” Chelsea said.

“Well you have me.” Ashley told her.

“She has me too.” Alexander said trying to get back into the conversation.

“I’m thankful for that.” She said. Alexander came over and they shared a group like hug. Chelsea in the middle, and her two friends on either side of her.

“Are you coming home with us tonight?” Ashley asked.

“Um no I think I am going to stay here with my mom.” Chelsea said.

“I will stay with you.” Alexander said. Chelsea smiled and said he didn’t have to but he said he wasn’t going to leave her side.

“You are acting like her boyfriend Alexander.”  Ashley said.

“So?” he questioned “Is that a bad thing?”

“No, its not.” Chelsea answered making Alexander smile.

“What about you Ashley do you want to meet my mom too?” Chelsea asked.

“Yes of course.” She said.

“Whoa I never said I was going to meet her.” Alexander said.

“To bad you stay you are meeting my mother.” Chelsea said and pulled them out of the room.

~*~