Don't Fear the Reaper (Devil's Trap Part One)

Start from the beginning

"Something like that." Dean said almost smugly. "Hit it, Sam"

Sam started reading in Latin and my eyes widened. I turned back to Dean. "An exorcism? Are you serious?" I asked masking my fear.

"Oh we're going for it, baby – head spinning, projectile vomiting, the whole nine yards."

I flinched at the excruciating pain. I looked back at Sam. "I'm gonna kill you." I heard myself grate out. "I'm gonna rip the bones from your body. And then I'm gonna leave your sister with the thought that she killed you. It'll eat her alive until she can't bear it any longer and she begs to die."

"No, you're gonna burn in hell. Unless you tell us where our Dad is." He said and I smiled. "Well, at least you'll get a nice tan."

I felt myself shaking. Pain wracked every particle of my body. I gasped and Sam suddenly stopped reading.

"He begged for his life with tears in his eyes. He begged for his daughter not to kill him. He begged to see his sons one last time. That's when I slit his throat." I ground out.

Sam began reading again as Dean leaned down to me. "For your sake, I hope you're lying. Cause if it's true, I swear to God, I will march into hell myself and I will slaughter each and every one of you evil sons of bitches, so help me God!"

The wind picked up in the room as Sam continued. Pages blew through the air. I grunted in pain and did everything I could not to cry out.

"Where is he?" Dean asked harshly.

"You just won't take "dead" for an answer, will you?" I spat.

"Where is he?" He yelled again.

"Dead!"

"No, he's not! He's not dead! He can't be!" He screamed angrily. I only just realized Sam had stopped reading. Dean glanced up at him panting. "What are you looking at? Keep reading." He ordered.

Finally I couldn't take it. "He will be!" I screamed.

"Wait! What?" Dean asked. Sam stopped reading again.

"He's not dead. But he will be after what we do to him." I all but sobbed.

"How do we know you're telling the truth?"

"You don't."

"Sam!" Dean ordered but I cut across before he could keep reading.

"A building! Okay? A building in Jefferson City." I cried.

"Missouri? Where, where? An address!" Dean asked desperately.

"I don't know."

"And the demon – the one we're looking for - where is it?" I heard Sam ask.

"I don't know! I swear! That's everything. That's all I know." I sobbed.

"Finish it." Dean said firmly.

My head shot up. "What? I told you the truth!"

"I don't care."

"You son of a bitch, you promised." I cried.

"I lied! Sam?" Dean bellowed. Sam looked at Dean but didn't say anything. "Sam! Read. He ordered.

Sam grabbed his arm and even though they were speaking quietly I could still hear them. "Maybe we can still use her. Find out where the demon is."

"She doesn't know." Dean said tiredly.

"She lied." Sam argued.

"Sam, our sister is somewhere in there. She needs our help." Dean insisted.

"You're gonna kill her." Bobby said coming up behind them.

"What?" Dean asked startled.

"You think that demon's just gonna leave your sister alive. She'll be that demon's last murder if you exorcise it." Bobby explained.

"Listen to me, both of you, we are not gonna leave her like that." Dean said a desperate tone to his voice.

"She is a human being. Your sister at that." Bobby pleaded.

Dean paused and I caught the shimmer of tears in his eyes. "And we're gonna put her out of her misery. Sam, finish it."

Sam looked at Dean, and then Bobby, and then over to me. "Finish it." Dean ordered firmly again.

Sam took a deep breath and continued reading. Unbearable pain wracked my body. Suddenly I threw back my head and screamed. Everything went black.

* * * * *

I opened my eyes. My head hurt. Scratch that. Everything hurt. I tasted blood in my mouth. I tried to spit it out, but it just dripped from my dry lips.

I lifted my head slowly and tried to move my mouth. My ears were roaring and my vision was blurry. I made out the stunned faces of my brothers and Bobby and I managed to get out a teary two words. "S-Sammy. D-Dean."

"She's still alive." I heard Dean say disbelievingly. "Call 911. Get some water and blankets." Bobby rushed off while Sam and Dean began untying me.

"Sammy. Dean." I whimpered again.

"Shh, shh. Just take it easy, alright?" Sam whispered soothingly.

"Come on. Let's get her down." Dean said and they both began lifting me gently off the chair to lie on the floor.

Such pain exploded over me that I couldn't even begin to describe it. It felt like my entire body was broken. I screamed in pain as much as my sore throat would allow.

"Sorry, sorry. I got you. I got you. It's okay. It's okay." Sam kept whispering softly to me. I would've smiled at his long-missed soft tone if not for the fact that I felt like my jaw was broken.

"I couldn't m-move my own body." I whispered. "Oh, Sam, Dean. I remember all of it. It was awful." I cried and then I immediately let out a grunt of pain. The demon had basically eaten me alive from the inside. "It w-was a n-nightmare."

"Shh, we got you. It's okay, Kenzie. It's gonna be okay." I heard the tears in Sam's voice and I would've shaken my head if I could've.

"Was it telling us the truth about Dad?" Dean asked.

"Dean—" Sam began but Dean cut him off.

"Please, Kenzie. We gotta know." Dean pleaded.

I swallowed. "Yes. But it wants... you to know... that... they want you to come for him." I said as best I could.

"If Dad's still alive, none of that matters." Dean said resolutely.

Bobby returned with a blanket and he and Sam covered me with it. Dean held the glass of water Bobby'd brought up to my lips to drink.

"Where's the yellow-eyed demon?" Sam asked.

I shuddered. "Not there. Other ones. Awful ones. By the river." I whispered. "Sunrise." I managed to get out as my vision went dark again.

"Sunrise? What does that mean? Kenzie? Kenzie, don't you dare die on me. Kenzie!" I heard Dean say frantically, but I couldn't answer. Soothing darkness washed over me.