thirty

krista's pov

Each day gets messier and messier. It's such a fiasco!

I groaned as I grumpily sat on the chair at the waiting area. I let my visitors go home earlier than the actual dismissal of my party since that unexpected tragedy happened. I must admit, today is probably one of the worst days ever and I will never forget this date.

To be honest, I can't believe that Jin did that to Jungkook on my special day. He even punched him in front of so many people and my parents even saw what happened. They thought that Jin was an angelic person who is very gentle to everyone, kind to people, and whatnot. And now, they hate Jin because of what happened. Well, of course, my dad would get mad at Jin because Jungkook is my father's boss' son. I, too, cannot believe that Jin could do such a despicable thing. I can't believe that Jin has this violent side as well. Damn, I feel bad for Jungkook.

Today, I'm at the hospital, waiting for Jungkook's recovery. I decided to let him heal here in the hospital than having a first-aid since hospital knows best when it comes to stuff like this one. It's almost 12 in the morning but I cared less since I'm so worried for Jungkook's face especially his nose.

"Miss Roberts?" someone called and as I looked at the direction where the voice came from, it's Jungkook's nurse. I stood up from my seat and directed myself to her. I worriedly looked at the nurse and fiddled with my fingers.

"Is Jungkook fine?" I asked as I hugged myself. Funny thing is, I'm still wearing the dress Jungkook gave me so I probably look like an idiot who looks like I got dumped by someone. My make-up is scattered everywhere on my face so that explains everything.

"Yes, Jungkook's pretty fine now although we made some surgeries on Jungkook's nose since his nose got pretty damaged. But you may now stay with him at room two-three-four," the nurse said kindly and flashed me a smile before leaving me.

I quickly walked to head myself to the assigned room where Jungkook is currently staying. As I finally reached myself to the room, I opened the door and revealed an eating Jungkook. He looked up from his bowl of grapes and flashed me a bunny smile. His nose has a lot of gauze pads sticking on his nose which caused me to snort a bit.

"Okay, fine. Laugh at my nose, I don't care," he rolled his eyes and he pouted. I laughed at his cuteness and pulled him into a surprise hug. I hugged him tight to the fact that I don't want to let him go. He hugged me back and buried his face on my shoulder.

"Jungkook," I started to gulp, "don't get yourself into any troubles ever again. Please, I'm begging you."

"Krista," he muttered which caused me to pull away from the hug but he pulled me back from the hug and now he's the one who's hugging me tightly. "Please listen to what I'm going to say."

My heart started to beat faster as I got nervous. I'm not sure why I'm feeling like this but the aura we have right now became a lot more serious.

"What is it?" I stammered. He hugged me tighter than tight and I swear, I couldn't breathe well anymore. But I don't want to complain since I don't want to pull away from his touch.

"Krista," he mumbled. "I like you."

I finally pulled away from the hug as he loosened his grip. I looked at him, dumbfounded and unsure what to say since I feel so speechless. Real talk, how would a gorgeous and loving man like a ridiculous person like me? Or maybe I'm just degrading myself again.

I stood still, looked at his eyes without awkwardness or whatnot.

"Krista, remember the time when I told you that I like this person and you kept insisting me to tell you but I said that I will tell you when we see each other again? I didn't keep that promise since you know; we meet, like, almost every day since I love surprising you. Even though I feel the urge to confess to you before, I couldn't because I know that you like your best friend, Jin, who, also known as, the guy who punched me so bad that my nose bled.

"Every time you tell me something about Jin, my heart clenches since I feel like I'm an inferior to Jin. I feel like I'm not going to lose him since he's way better than me. You told me that he's a full scholar in your school, a famous model in Korea, a handsome guy, and whatnot. Look at me, Krista. I'm the complete opposite of Jin. I'm a bad guy in school at Korea and they happened to expel me. That's one of the reasons why we moved to California because I was a punk. Now, I'm trying to change ever since I met you.

"Krista, you changed me. I like you and I feel like I'm always going to like you even though we won't work out or what. But Krista, for me, I feel like you're the one. If you give me the chance, please, I promise you that I will do my best for you. I'll work so hard for you and our relationship if ever I have a chance. That's why, please choose me than Jin," he finished his statement as I stood still, out of my mind as I'm trying to sink everything in. I sat on an empty chair and heaved for a heavy sigh.

"May I?" I cleared my throat as I felt my throat dry. He nodded as he bowed his head. "Jungkook, I like you too. But now in the way like Jin's because Jungkook, I'm sorry but I feel like I'm already in-love with Jin. Even though he did that thing on your nose, I still couldn't keep the fact that I'm so worried about him. To be honest, I'm extremely mad at him for doing that to you but at the same time I'm so worried because I feel like he has the reason why he punched you. I don't know what exactly happened between you two but Jungkook, I hope you give me time to give up on Jin. I mean, I feel like I don't even stand a single chance on him. I feel like he only sees me as his best friend and that's it.

"But Jungkook, I like you, okay. I must admit, it's like love-at-first-sight, except for the fact that what I'm feeling is not love but only like. I even tweeted something about you when we accidentally bumped each other at the Laundromat. What I said was; OMG there's this handsome guy that bumped into me at the Laundromat or something like that," with my words, it caused him to chuckle a bit which caused my heart to warm up.

"Jungkook, you're such a nice guy and I love your surprises. Sometimes I ask myself, why would a beautiful creature bother to make efforts to a woman like me? I feel like I'm not that worthy to have so many efforts from you. But Jungkook, I swear, I appreciate your efforts and I love every single thing of it," I smiled as I finished my confession. I suddenly realized that we were already looking at each other for so long and I love the feeling.

"Krista, would you like to try it out?" he giggled as he held my small hand and interjected his to mine.

"Try what?"

"Let's try if we could work out. To be in a relationship, I mean. Krista, may I take you out on a lovely date soon?" he said as he rubbed the back of his neck. I smiled and felt flattered, he's literally asking me out right now. I'm not okay, I totally am not okay.

"Yes, Jungkook. I want to try if we could work out. Please take me out on a date soon," I smirked and nodded at the same time. All of a sudden, he grabbed my wrist which caused me to pull near him and we were inches away to the fact that we could touch our lips already. But I don't want it to happen, because I don't want to escalate everything so quick.

He hugged me and I hugged him back.

I'm sorry, Jin but I'm going to stop bothering you already. I know I don't stand a chance on you, so I must let go of my feelings already.

author's note

my sketch of taehyung :-) does it look like him ofjhds

and istg, exo's comeback just got me :))))))))))) the choreo of monster is so lit like i can't anymore