twelve

twelve: arrival

"Krista, wake up," Seokjin softly spoke through Krista's ear as he poked her shoulder continuously. Krista, on the other hand, rubber her sleepy eyes once she woke up from her sleep. She knew that her eyes are much-alike the eyes of a panda as the circles under her eyes are dark. She knows that.

"Where are we?" she questioned, her voice kind of hoarse — the ones people experience when they wake up. She felt a pain in her ass since she's aware that she was sitting for hours inside the airplane.

"Dude, we're in Korea," he smiled at her while she kept on blinking her eyes — which is obviously a normal thing to do. Widening her eyes in surprise once she heard the country Seokjin was born and raised. She felt in complete glee, as if she hasn't traveled for a long time. She's in Korea, heck.

"Oh shit―" a sudden realization instantly hit her, "—I'm in Korea; we are in Korea. Oh, gosh, I'm in another country already. Let me get my phone and take videos."

"Yeah, that's a great idea. Maybe I should record too so... let me get my phone too," he said as he opened his sling bag to get his own phone. The both of them took pictures of their view and themselves; videos too.

The stewardess announced that all people inside the airplane can leave now. Krista wanted to admit to herself that she enjoyed the flight even if she spent most of her time just sleeping, watching a movie, and had small talks with Seokjin.

Seokjin is happy the moment he saw Krista smiling once she knew that the both of them are finally in Korea. In addition to this, her happiness is his happiness too.

———

Once the both of them got their bags from the luggage counter, they went out of the airport. Seokjin told Krista that he was waiting for someone but she cared less; she's hungry right now. That's the only thing she's thinking at the moment. Nothing more, nothing else.

"Kim Seokjin," someone yelled from behind them which made them turn their attentions to where the voice came from —they saw a girl. A fucking beautiful girl, indeed.

The girl suddenly hugged Seokjin so tightly and Krista felt awkward as she was the only one that didn't receive any hugs from anyone. Well, obviously, she nobody knows anyone.

"Seokjin, musjiseyo. Salanghaeyo, Jin," (translation: Seokjin, you're handsome. I love you, Jin.) the girl said to Jin as she kept peppering him with kisses. The scene extremely bothered Krista because the fact that Seokjin's girl kisses him in front of her? Crazy.

"Jal jinaess-eoyo?" (translation: How are you?) Seokjin replied to the girl in front of him with a large smile as if they haven't been together for so long. Well, technically, they didn't hang out for several months.

"Jeoneun jal jinaeyo," (translation: I'm fine) the girl replied, hugging Seokjin tightly, making Krista back out. She's feeling awkward as hell.

Krista feels absolutely frustrated as she couldn't understand a single thing. She's hearing Korean this and Korean that and she literally wanted to pull her hair out; a wig is needed. Seokjin noticed that Krista has been spacing out so he felt like he had to break the silence.

"Oh, Krista; this is Irene, my girlfriend. Irene — this is Krista, my friend in university," Seokjin beamed as the girl started to look at Krista and walked her direction near Krista. She began to hold Krista's hand and eventually shook hands.

"Hello, Kristel... am I right?" Irene giggled, a bit unsure with her answer as she was still holding Krista's hand. Krista wanted to laugh at how Seokjin's girlfriend pronounced her name wrong.

"It's Krista," Krista politely corrected Irene, although she's annoyed that Irene had her name pronounced incorrect. At the same time, she's relieved that Seokjin's girlfriend could also speak in English. "Also, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well. Are you fluent in Korean or do you know any Korean phrases?" she asked instantly after their small introduction.

"Unfortunately, no," Krista said with a frown. All of a sudden, as Krista was about to speak to Irene, Seokjin hugged his girlfriend from her back and started to kiss her cheek. Oh my God, I'm cringing so bad so they shouldn't do it in front of me, Krista said in her mind.

A minute or so passed, Krista was lost in her thoughts, or was spacing out, as Seokjin began to wave his hand in front of her face, trying to catch her attention. She suddenly switched her gaze to Seokjin and he was just smiling. He was holding his girlfriend's hand so tight that it feels like his girlfriend is safe around him.

Krista suddenly felt empty; single.

"Let's go," he was grinning as he pulled his luggage to make it roll on the ground. Krista nodded to agree and grabbed her bag too. The three of them went to the parking lot and found Irene's car. Krista sat on the back seat, Seokjin took his seat on the passenger's seat which is beside Irene's driver seat. Krista had a lot of questions and thoughts about their relationship and she hopes that Seokjin doesn't have a telepathy, or what's possible that could read anyone's mind.

She suddenly felt sad for being a third wheel in this situation. She chuckled to herself which caused Seokjin to look at her with worry in his eyes. She controlled her laughter so that she wouldn't distract Irene from driving and for Seokjin to not think that she's weird since she just laughed by herself.

"Are you okay?" Seokjin asked, silence filling inside the car. Irene noticed the silence so she opened the radio and played a music.

"Yeah, I'm okay. How about you?"

"Yeah. We're together now," he smiled as he pointed at his girlfriend, Irene. Krista nodded from his response and she felt happy for him because his long distance relationship has stopped for awhile since they are together now. Besides, that's what friends are for, isn't it? You must support each other, that's what Krista thinks.

[revised: 072217]