twenty Two

krista's pov

My alarm clock rang very loud, causing me to wake up and finding the urge to turn it off lazily. I yelped as I fell on the bed; causing a loud thud on the floor.

"Goodness," I sighed as I started to stand up from the floor. I shrugged it off and started to head to the bathroom to make myself ready.

Once I've finished taking a shower and had finally dressed up, I went downstairs as quietly as possible. It's still early; 5:43 AM to be exact. No one's still awake aside from me. I quietly opened the fridge to get cereal and milk.

"Krista," someone half-whispered, half-yelled which terribly caused me to jump. Luckily, no milk and cereal spilled on the floor. I saw Jungkook.

"Jungkook," I sighed in relief. "Stop surprising me, please."

"Ah, sorry," he did a peace sign on his hand. "Let's eat at McDonald's."

I smiled at his plan and nodded. "Yeah, I'd love to. I didn't even think about eating food outside."

Before we left the house, I left a post-it note on the fridge, and it says:

Will eat at McDonald's with Jungkook and will head straight to my apartment. Thanks for the lovely dinner, mom and dad!

"Let's go," he said. I threw the car keys on him so that he'd be able to open the door of my car. He sat on the passenger's seat while I sat on the driver's seat.

I started the engine and drove on the way to the fast-food chain. I opened the radio and played Hey Jude by The Beatles.

"Ah, old songs. My jam for the morning," I smiled as I sat comfortably. Jungkook chuckled. "I miss my best friend."

"Is he the best friend you like?" Jungkook asked. I nodded and sighed.

"Yeah, I don't know when he's coming back from Korea," I inquired him.

He only nodded as a response while I focused on the road once again. While listening to the part where naaaaa na na nananana starts in Hey Jude, I started to sing along.

"Na na na na, Hey Jude," Jungkook hummed as he started to look at me. I looked back and him and flashed him a smile before I focused on the road.

His voice is so damn angelic.

We both sang along with the song until we reached the fast-food chain. I parked my car and we both went outside the car. I followed him all along as we went inside the fast-food chain to order food.

"I'll have fries and nuggets," I told him as I gave him the money. He shook his head and gave me back the money.

"My treat," he stuck out his tongue and gave me a warm smile. I thanked him and told him that I'll find a seat and save one for him. He nodded.

Once I found a seat, I sat and sighed; expressing how tired I am in academics. Even though I'm so thankful that I'm a scholar, I still don't want the feeling that teachers have high expectations on you. Seriously, it hurts.

"Here's your food, early riser," Jungkook started to sit on the available seat and he placed the tray on the table. He grabbed his food, burger to be exact, and started to munch a big bite.

"Tell me, who's the girl you like?" I asked him once again, trying to hope if he'd answer this time.

"Not now," he whined. "I'm having a good bite here, don't bring up that topic right now."

"Then maybe later?" I started to plead. Oh my God, I look thirsty at knowing who that person is.

"No," he shook his head. "Give me time to tell you who that girl is. Probably soon, okay?"

"Fine," I pouted as I grabbed a nugget and slurped on my coffee.

jin's pov

I quietly sat on the waiting area, waiting for my flight. I plugged my earphones on my ears and played Doubt by Twenty One Pilots.

I'm so excited to come back to California and surprise Krista to my presence. I'll probably knock on her door, and once she opens the door, I hug her. How about that?

I smiled at that thought and I think I deserve a pat on my back.

I didn't leave a message ever since she started to end the call on me. I was supposed to tell her that I'll be coming back but since she ended the call, I decided to surprise him. She hasn't even left a message on me after I made a spam on her.

But I think surprising her would be a good idea.

California, I'm coming back for you.

author's note

my update is a disappointment, ain't it? sorry for this crappy chapter i'll make it up to you soon!! i promise c:

btw, i just want to promote my new taehyung fan fiction again :))) it's called bed and work mehehe