Chapter 22: Devour

Mulai dari awal

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by a deep voice coming from the side. Although, there was no one here except the largely built shop owner and Marielle-san. So it must have come from the dark-skinned muscle man staring at me in surprise, Lode-san.

"......We'll talk later. Quickly, take Marielle-san to safety."

I don't answer his question, but put priority on getting them out of this place.

Discussions come after. Right now, we were in a dangerous situation.

In actuality, Marielle-san's health points were slowly dwindling down as the map skill showed her dot was blinking even faster this time. I had to hurry and get her treated.

"....U-understood."

A look of enlightenment was seen in his pupils when I looked at him, and he slowly got up and prepared to carry Marielle-san on his gigantic back.

I'm thankful he can read the situation.

But right as I thought that...

"Hey. Where do you think you're looking at?"

In a split second, I lost sight of the little black-haired 'Demon King'. No, I can tell that it was even faster than that. How experienced.

Large amounts of dark tentacles had started to move in my direction, along with the after images of the little demon whose name I don't know of.

But.

Having only that, won't get through me.

"....Wha-what is this?"

The 'Demon King' was currently dumbfounded at how all his attacks was rendered into nil.

That's only to be expected.

<<Nullification>> is a skill without exception.

Each and every skill whether it would be using magic power or demonic energy, everything would be swallowed into the endless and mysterious void once invoked.

Only this time, it wasn't invoked. Because for some reason, the strange mysterious black fog that keeps seeping out of my cursed ring has somehow combined with the skill. So that when the areas covered with it are hit or targeted by a skill, it is immediately nullified.

Truly, a convenient but hard to understand phenomenon.

What happened was that the few dozens of large dark tentacles had hit the dark fog, and completely ignored it while the dark fog had scattered them into millions of particles too small to see with the naked eye. In the next moment, even the skill that the little demon used against me in tune with the tentacles, was stopped as if it was a breath of air.

Using this moment in time where he was surprised, my brain capacity which had improved many times during the night, had already used the skill <<Dragon Eyes>> to see the information appraisal about the current enemy.

I see, Edacitas Von Beelzebub is the little demon's name.

Yep, I was right. His current equipped title was [Demon King of Gluttony].

So this was one of the most powerful demons eh. Let's compare his level with mine.

His level was currently Lv 100.

Eh, that's strange. Why does it show 'Max Level Attained' even when it was only a hundred? That doesn't make any sense. Sure, I didn't have time to examine the previous opponents I had faced but this was really intriguing.

Wait, if Lv 100 was the normal maximum level in this world, what does that say about me?

Does this mean that I'm the strange one?