Ch. 5 - The team from Kumogakure

Start from the beginning

I raised an eyebrow. '' Kid, eh? I'm pretty sure that I'm not even younger than you! '' Then I suddenly noticed something else and pointed a finger at him. '' GASP!! ''  

'' I alredy told you to stop doing that, '' Kiba groaned and smacked my head.  

'' How much time exactly did you need to notice thier headbands? '' Kurenai asked, walking closer, together with Shino and Hinata that were behind her. She held her hand in the direction of the older guy. '' Kurenai Yuhi, sensei of team 8 from Konohagakure. And you must be Madoka Karasuno. The sensei of the team from Kumogakure that was send here as backup? ''  

The guy nodded and grinned. '' You're correct. And those are my students. '' He gestured at the girls with the axe that had a slight smile on her face. '' She's Hitomi Hashaki. '' Then he pointed at the guy with the twin swords that was giving us all death glares. I'm guessing that he didn't like us very much. '' He's Ren Miyuke. And he's Ryo Tashimoto . '' That was the guy with the blonde hair. 

'' You look like weak little genin, '' Ren seriously said.  

I just grinned. '' I thought that you were also a weak little genin? ''  

Everyone was quiet for a while. Then first Ryo began laughing, followed by Hitomi that slapped Ren's back, grinning. '' HAHA, BURNED, R-kun. ''  

Kurenai that already sat down together with my team stepped on my foot, making me groan in pain. Ryo look at me with confusion. '' Is there something wrong? ''  

I quickly shook my head and narrowed my eyes in Kurenai's direction while Ren kept shooting death glares at me. Apparently Kurenai wanted me to be nicer to the people I was going to work with and Ren surely didn't like the fact that I talked back to him. In a way he reminded me of Sasuke, with his arrogant 'I'm better then others' attitude.  

Everyone began talking about the mission and how we were going to act but I preferred to look around to see if the food that I ordered was coming soon. Everyone also stopped talking and stared at me with shock when they brought me my 20 bowls of ramen. I discovered it on the menu and I just couldn't help it but to order it.  

'' Are you really going to eat that? '' Hitomi slowly asked me.  

I just grinned. '' Wanna bet that I can finish this in five minutes? ''  

A smirk appeared on her face and her green eyes shined. '' You're on! ''  

I grabbed my chopsticks and began eating.  

So with that I missed the second part of the conversation about the mission too. But I didn't really care. First, I won my bet with Hitomi and now she owed me a favour and second, I knew that I could ask Kiba or Hinata later what we had to do.  

'' Kiba, '' I murmured and poked his shoulder when we began leaving the restaurant.  

He looked at me and smiled. '' What is it, Chi-chan? ''  

'' What do we have to do? '' I asked with a closed eyed smile.  

He sighed. '' You didn't hear a word we said, right? ''  

'' Right, '' I replied, still smiling.  

'' YOU DIDN'T HEAR A WORD WE SAID?! '' Ren yelled at the same time, making me jump so high with surprise that I almost hit the ceiling with my head.  

Then I turned at him, narrowing my eyes. '' What's your problem? ''  

'' You, '' he hissed and frowned.  

I just wanted to say something back but Kiba stepped between us and showed us a nervous smile while I narrowed my eyes at Ren. You could practically see the sparks, shooting out of my and his eyes. For some kind of reason with Ren wasn't the same as with Sasuke. Maybe they were a lot like each other but Sasuke... I was friends with him. Ren was just... annoying me.