Ch. 5 - The team from Kumogakure

Start from the beginning

Kurenai looked like she would prefer to say that she never saw me before in her life but she knew that she wasn't able to. That was why she just sighed and buried her face in her hands. '' Sadly yes... ''  

'' Are you sure? '' Kiba asked me.  

'' W-Would you p-prefer to h-ha-have something e-else? '' Hinata stuttered.  

I just activated my grappling hook, making it wrap around one of the beams under the ceiling of the shop and rise me. I dangled in the air and laughed in a goofy way. '' Grappling hook. '' 

Kiba just shrugged, already used to my craziness, even if sometimes I did surprise him. '' Fair enough. ''

***

'' That's the village? '' I slowly asked, narrowing my eyes. '' Looks pretty... normal. ''  

The Village by the Noritan mountain looked like a smaller version of Konoha, just that it didn't have the village gates and there was also the sea with the waves, hitting the sandy beach on one side. And the Noritan mountain that was supposed to be scary was just... A normal mountain a kilometer from the village. 

It was hard to believe that there was actually something suspicious going on here. 

'' Where now? '' Shino asked Kurenai.  

She thoughtfully narrowed her eyes. '' We're supposed to meet the other team and their sensei in a restaurant in their village. Then we're going to start to investigate. ''  

'' Perfect, and I was just getting hungry! '' I clapped with enthusiasm.  

We made our way inside the village. I was looking around the crowded streets. Everything looked pretty normal. People were screaiming, chatting with each other, selling things at the town's market.

We quickly found the only restaurant in the village with the help of Akamaru's and Kiba's nose and walked inside. We stopped at the door and looked around. I knew that the others were nervous. No one had any idea how those ninjas were but no matter if we were going to like them or not, we'll have to work with them.  

Then I suddenly spoke up: '' GASP!! ''  

'' Stop staying that, '' Kiba hissed, narrowing his eyes. '' It's weird. ''  

'' A girl with an axe! How cool is that?! I have to go meet her! '' I yelled.

Kurenai tried to stopped me but I already sprinted between the tables of the restaurant, ignoring the weird looks everyone was shooting in my direction. Then, without any further notice, I sat down on one of the two benches by a table with four other people and grinned like we were friends for life.  

There were a girl and three guys. The girl that I thought looked awesome had black hair, tied in two ponytails. She was wearing black clothes and carrying a huge axe on her back that made her look pretty scary. When she raised her head I noticed that she had pretty blue eyes.  

Next to her was a guy that was carrying two katanas on his back. He had ruffled black hair and strange, orange eyes. I could see that he wasn't a person that liked to laugh a lot.  

The person that was sitting next to me was a complete opposite of the guy with the swords and the girl with the axe. He was small and had messy blonde hair. His blue eyes were sparkling. He didn't seem to have any specific weapons.  

The fourth person was older then them and he also had a sword on his back. He had dark brown hair and blue eyes.  

When I sat down by the boy with blonde hair they all raised their heads from their food and looked at me with confusion. '' Why did you just do that? '' the guy with the twin swords asked and narrowed his orange eyes. '' Get lost, kid. ''