chapter 6

Just as we arrived at Paramount  there was more screams and shouts in the air. We immediately got out of our car and headed towards the noise. As we pushed through the crowd we saw a line of dead people on the road. None of them were moving,while the doctor was examining them. The police had arrived and were blocking the people from reaching the crime scene. Suddenly a young woman with blonde hair appeared and started saying,

"I-i-saw him....h-he-e w-was....dangerous.....h-he t-touched t-them a-and they f-fell t-to t-the g-ground"

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Vanessa asked me.

"I guess so, if you're thinking that the man is jonathan then yes"

"Ya...it looks like,I wonder what was he doing in this part of chicago"

"He was giving me a hint vanessa, that he has arrived and he has my sister. And in return for my sister I have to give him the vial"

"But what are you going to do? Are you going to give him the vial? Because we both know that he wants to  bring Ethan back with the vial and....the fortuneteller said that you'd need it"

"I know...I know...first we have to find his location"

"And how's that?"

"Let's see"

We looked around and saw an old woman with knotted hair,sitting in the corner of the street and observing the chaos. We walked towards her and asked,

"Hey um did you see what happened on the street a few minutes ago?" I asked her.

Silence.

"Hello there lady, were talking to you" Vanessa said getting annoying.

"Jonathan...."

I was shocked.

"J-j-jonathan? What Jonathan"

"He's back to take revenge. This is his first move valonia"

Another shock. How the hell did she know my name?

"How do you know my name?" I asked her suspiciously

"I presume you do not remember? " She asked me calmly.

"Remember what?" I asked her all puzzled as to what she was referring to.

"When you were small and lived with your granny, I was that servant who worked for her. I used to give her information about Jonathans whereabouts. I saw him do his evil deed. I saw him poisoning your sister"

"Oh...you're that servant" I said as all the pieces fitted together.

"Yes I am"

"Can you tell me where I can find jonathan?"

She laughed. And laughed and laughed in her wicked voice.

"Valonia,dear valonia Jonathan is like the wind....he keeps moving and never remains at one place."

"But...but..."

"However there is one way you can find him."

"And that is?" I asked her quickly. We needed to catch him quickly before he does something drastic.

"Wait child. What will I get in return"

Of course how did I forget nothing comes for free.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to cure my legs so that I can walk"

I looked down at her legs and noticed that she was paralysed.

"Fine. But how?"

"Using your spell book"

"Oh Ok" I went to the car and got out the spell book and searched for the healing spell. When I found it,I closed my eyes,kept my hands on the woman's feet and chanted the spell. After a few minuted the woman was perfectly fine and walking.

"Ah....god bless. Now go and search for jonathan he is hidden in a place where the sun never appears and their  knowledge is bound by their symbols" and suddenly she disappeared.

"What the hell was that?"

" the sun never appears and their  knowledge is bound by their symbols ? Think vanessa where could this be?"

"Hmm...I don't know....let's think it on the way home" she suggested.

"Yes your right,let's do it..." As we sat in the car and drove away.