chapter 2

Dedicated to Just-cool

My sister...my twin sister has been kidnapped. It took hours for this piece of information to set in. Carl tried to comfort me but in vain. Vanessa tried to control herself,but couldn't. All because of me. I wish I had taken her with me to Babita.

"So...when was she seen last?" Sheriff Victor asked Carl.

"At 12:30pm with us...in the...hall" carl replied.

"What was she doing?"

"Talking"

"How did she disappear?"

"She went to get some books from her room and she never came back"

"How do you know for sure that she has been kidnapped?"

"She...um....she's new here....she doesn't know her way about here...." Atleast it's better then saying she just came out of a mirror.

"Can I have her picture?"

Carl didn't know what to do as we dis not have a single picture of hers. After All she just came out of the mirror and now she's gone.

"Sheriff here it is" I said. I handed him a picture of mine. What? After All we are ' identical twins'

He laughed,laughed and...only laughed. I knew this was the reaction I would get from a bonehead fool. But when he finally saw that none of us laughed along with him he sobered up.

"Is this a joke girl?"

"What do you think? My sister has gone missing and I have no other work then to joke about with you?"

"Um...girl.."

"I know you are confused. You should have just asked you know instead of giving the most vicious laugh I've ever heard"

He bowed his head a bit. Ashamed I guess.

"She's my identical twin."

"Sorry girl"

I turned and ran up to my room. Why?Oh why was life so cruel to me? I took out the old crumpled letter from my pocket and slowly unfolded it,afraid that what is written will strike harder than lightening. I opened the letter and read,

Minha Querida Valonia

You must be wondering why I didn't tell you,what I am about to tell you now in my diary...its because its a secret that only you shall know.

Our family...the stole's have been gifted with the powers of Hilda,a very powerful witch who is known to be our ancestor. Magic has been our strength and shield from all evil works and deeds. But I ,had failed to instill this power into my daughter. Everytime I tried,she considered it a game of fun. Witchcraft is not a game of fun....it is a dreadfully wonderful art mastered only by those chosen. You may recall that I forced your mother to marry Jonathan...it was because he promised me a power. But only later did I come to know that he worshipped the demon,who is our greatest enemy. Valonia...we are good witches. We protect people from the bad ones. And now the time has come...to pass down the power I had inherited from my mother. You will pledge to use this power for the betterment of the society and its people. You will not misuse this power. And gain redemption for your people from Jonathan. I wish you luck my child and may the blessings of the almighty be with you.

With love and luck

Serena stole

_________________
Hey guys!!! Finally updated 2 chapters with a few changes. Please do vote and comment to let me know what your thinking. Till next time.... the_cute_huntress