chapter 3

Dedicated to Lizziehartz thanks for commenting!

After reading the letter I couldn't move,my hands and body froze. I belonged to a family of witches? Wow, my life just keeps getting better! The next thing I need to know is that vampires and werewolves exist too. I looked out of my window at the dark sky. It was thundering. I wonder...if my granny is still alive. I mean how would she know about all of this? It seems possible through her powers...but what's the harm in wondering? There were times when I remembered what she used to be like. Kind,loving...I also remember going to her funeral. I got into my bed and drifted away to sleep with my granny's letter close to my chest.

The next morning was a dizzy morning. My head hurt so badly I thought maybe I had a migraine or something. I slowly walked down to the kitchen,to the medicine cabinet. I took out some pills and popped them in my mouth. Suddenly I heard an annoyingly familiar voice behind me,

"Oh...see here...someone's having a real bad headache from her sister's disappearance"

I turned around to see Kate leaning on the door and watching me with a smirk. Since the news of me and carl being a couple spread in the college,our relationship has not been so good. She continuously taunts and teases me. Like a typical jealous ex girlfriend.

"Hey kate" I said in a groggy voice.

"Hey yourself. I need to talk to you"

"I guess we were talking"

"Cut the crap valonia. I need you to help me."

What the hell? Is my ear blocked or something?

"What? What makes you think I'll help you?"

"Maybe if I say the matter involves carl"

"Ok... fine...what's it?" I asked her getting annoyed.

"Carl got into a fight yesterday with a man at a coffee shop. I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen. Now he's prepared to go have another fight with him,he's packing all his stuff and all. He challenged that guy into a fight. When I asked him why he was doing it, he said its for valonia. So I thought maybe you know something about this guy?"

This was news to me. Why didn't carl come and speak to me about this? And another question popped into my mind which I immediately voiced,

"What the hell were you doing with carl at the coffeeshop?"

She smirked. That imbecile had the nerve to smirk!

"What people normally go to do,have coffee. Anyways carl is heading out now...stop him if you can valonia because he wouldn't listen to me"

He shouldn't too. I jumped and rushed upstairs towards Carl's bedroom and pushed the door open. And lo and behold all my friends were in the room smiling like idiots with a cake in the centre. As I entered they all started singing the happy birthday song. Stuck up in all the mess I completely forgot that my birthday was coming near...my mind became more lazy because of the summer holidays.

"Happy birthday valonia" they all shouted.

"Thanks guys for everything" and all of the started wishing me. Finally as the crowd dispersed to have their share of cake carl came and gave a huge kiss On my cheek.

"Happy birthday honey" he whispered in my ear and handed me a box.

"You know there was no need of this." I said referring to the box.

"Nah ha..its specially for you"

"Thanks ...by the way is it true that you got into a fight with a man because of me?" His face immediately darkened.

"Who told you this?"

"You're ex girlfriend ...who else? And what were you doing with her?" I asked jealousy lacing my voice.

"Jealous much ha? We went to pick up you're cake when I met that bloke. Said that you were the worst person to be born and all that shit."

"Maybe he was talking about someone else?"

"No it was you. He knew that I was your boyfriend."

Hmm...who could it be?

"But why kate?" I asked him distracting him from that man.

"Vanessa wasn't free,rachael and raquel had classes,all guys had football practices..."

"Ok. You know today was my sisters birthday too right? I miss her so much"

"We miss her too" he said pulling me into a hug.

Suddenly kate was next to us. We immediately pulled apart.

"I told you carl,my plan always works"

Carl just nodded. Before things could get more awkward kate wished me and scooted off.

"Omg..omg.,.omg...valonia" I heard vanessa screaming.

"Happy birthday best friend"she said squashing me with a hug.

"Thanks van" I said almost chocking. Carl started laughing and said.

"I'll let you girls have your moment. Meet you later honey"

I just nodded. Then I pinched vanessa arm so badly she started screaming.

"Ahoo....ooo..ooooo...uch..what was that for?"

"For not going with carl to collect my cake"

"Hey...there was world war 3 going on in my house. I'm really sorry"

I sighed ." Its Ok" since we've become so close vanessa started sharing all her problems with me. Most of them were family problems ,which has a great effect on her. Like the first time when I met her she was crying as her parents were on the verge of getting a divorce.

"No problem. Anyways I'm going to babita's...wanna join me?"

"Huh! Like I'm going to leave you alone now after your sister's disappearance"

"Ok..Ok...come then let's go"

"Now?"

"Yes now"

_______

Fans of the redemption....sorry for the delay. Plz..plz...plz..vote fr d chapter if u want me to continue. Thanks.