Chapter Eight: Qudditch Practice and Gloria's Comeback

Picture: Sleeping in the Great Hall

        So that's how Scorpius watched his best friend almost die. When the explosion happened, it was quite frightening. He was so relieved Rose was okay. He took hold of her wheelchair before Charlie could and pushed her to the Great Hall. All of the tables were gone, and many sleeping bags filled the floor. In the corner were two beds for Gloria and Rose since they were sick/injured. Behind him, Zac wheeled Gloria in.

        "Hey." He caught up with Scorpius, still pushing Gloria forward. They swiftly maneuvered around the sleeping bags. They started walking faster and faster and faster.

        "Hey! This isn't a race!" Rose turned to face Scorpius. He slowed down. When he got to her bed, he helped her get into bed.

         "I brought you some stuff." He handed her her bag. Inside was her laptop, books, camera, and a box of Chocolate Frogs. You know, the essentials.

        "Thank you!" She hugged him with delight. Scorpius hugged her back. He was glad she was alive. He pulled up a chair and sat by her. Alice eventually pulled up a chair, too, and Rose smirked at Scorpius. Shut up, he mouthed. It wasn't his fault Alice Longbottom was so pretty. And she wasn't just pretty, she was excellent at Quidditch. He really didn't know if he had a thing for her, though. Rose obviously thought so and "shipped" them or whatever. Alice began talking to Rose, with Rose just nodding in response. She seemed busy on her laptop. Scorpius couldn't help feeling weird that he was hanging out with Alice and Rose at the same time, with Zac and Gloria and everyone close by. He saw how a bad situation could bring people together. He hoped everything would go back to normal when this was all over, whenever that would be.

        McGonagall called for lights out and Scorpius had to go to the other side of the Great Hall. It was hard and uncomfortable sleeping on a sleeping bad on the cold, hard ground. Finally, he drifted off to sleep.

        He was the second person to wake up in the morning, the first being Rose. And he thought he was an early bird. She was reading a book. Usual. He sleepily walked over to her. He yawned and stretched. His hair was a bit of a mess. Rose looked up from her textbook. 

        "Good morning." She said.

        "Hey." He sat down on the chair from the day before.

        "How are you feeling?" He asked her.

        "A bit tired. But the medicine worked. I feel way better." Rose smiled. Scorpius smiled back.

        The day went on with a few people in the Great Hall, some in the library, etc. No one could go outside. McGonagall herself had set up even more special defenses around the school. Rumors were going around that the attackers were some of Voldemort's surviving followers or Muggleborn haters. Rose had told Scorpius she had been messaging her family a lot. Scorpius had been writing his mother some letters himself. He missed her. He hoped she was okay being all alone. Right now he was with Gloria. He gave her some Chocolate Frogs.

        "Do you have a lifetime supply of Chocolate Frogs?" She asked. "Don't answer that question with food in your mouth."

        "I hear you're the new Slytherin Seeker." She said when Scorpius had finished his Chocolate Frog.

       "Yep." Scorpius nodded. Gloria's blue eyes shimmered. 

         Later, Scorpius went to the library by himself. He tried studying, but it was harder without Rose. He had no clue what she was doing. Probably walking around, on her laptop, or reading. Quickly enough he got bored and drew in his sketchbook. The whole day was just pretty relaxed. That night they slept in the Great Hall again. McGonagall said they would probably go back to the normal schedule the next day.