Chapter Six: The Aftermath of the Incident

Scorpius knew why Rose was acting so grumpy. She was upset about what happened with his friends. But you never know with girls. Scorpius had been thinking about the day's events a lot, and they were all so weird, but everything that happened at Hogwarts was weird. Good and bad had happened. The bad: His friends being mean to Rose, Faith hitting Zac in the face (Scorpius still couldn't get over the fact that Faith had been sent home). The good: Scorpius was now a Seeker on the Slytherin Quidditch team!

        He had used his broomstick to get to class, Rose didn't even notice. He was trying to get to class before Rose so he could talk to her and once there he realized he'd passed her. His grandfather seemed mad at first, but Headmistress McGonagall thought he was excellent on a broomstick, surprisingly. He was so busy daydreaming about Quidditch that when Professor Chase called on him, he had no idea what she was asking. Professor Chase tapped her foot as she waited for an answer. Scorpius noticed Rose squirming in her seat and raising her hand very high.

        Professor Chase acknowledged her and said, "Let's give someone else a chance, Rose."

        "I don't know, Professor." Scorpius finally murmured. 

        "Hmm, maybe if you'd pay attention you would know the answer. We'll go over this tomorrow. Class dismissed." Said Professor Chase. Everyone left the class and headed for lunch. Scorpius left Rose behind. He made his way to the Slytherin table where his "friends" were waiting. Of course, Gloria was missing and now so were Zac and Faith. Zac went to the Hospital Wing since Faith hit him so hard. He was probably telling Gloria everything. So that left him with Elise and Xavier. Scorpius got his lunch and figured that no one wanted to sit with him, so he went to the end of the table and sat alone. He looked around the Great Hall for Rose, but he didn't see her. He wondered where she was. As he ate, he felt the eyes of his peers burning into the back of his head. Apparently, the entire year knew about the incident. What a great first day of school. Scorpius was finished early and left the Great Hall. It was a free period. He walked past the bathrooms and heard talking. It sounded like Rose. He pressed his ear to the girl's bathroom which must have looked odd and definitely heard Rose talking to someone.

        "Why are you talking to me now? Aren't you supposed to be in class?" The unfamiliar voice asked Rose.

        "Free period." Said Rose.

        "What are you eating? Where are you?" The voice asked.

        "Sheesh, calm down, Hugo. One question at a time, please." Rose replied. Scorpius' curiosity got the better of him and he slowly opened the door. Rose was sitting down, eating a sandwich on the bathroom floor with her laptop on her lap.

        "Gotta go." Rose quickly closed her laptop. "What are you doing in her?!" She asked Scorpius, obviously irritated. 

        "I heard you talking and- that's not the point. Why are you eating a sandwich on the bathroom floor?" Scorpius asked.

        "It's nothing." Rose said quietly, turning her head and pushing up her glasses.

        "Well, it's something to me." Scorpius sat down beside her, which was another odd thing he did. But Scorpius was an odd person, and that's what odd people do. "I never imagined the girl's bathroom to be like this." Scorpius looked around.

        "Well, what did you expect? Dead bodies and You-Know-Who's ashes?"

        "That's what the boy's bathroom is like." Laughed Scorpius. Rose couldn't help but laugh a little.

        "There! There it is! The smile we all love!" Scorpius exclaimed. Rose made a face at him and then looked away, blushing.

        "So, who were you chatting with?" Scorpius asked.