Chapter One: Victorie's Party

Rose sat on her bed, petting her long- haired calico cat, Annalise. It was a warm August evening and Rose was supposed to be getting ready to go to her aunt and uncle's house for her cousin's party. She wasn't really the type for parties, though, and would prefer to stay with her cat. She didn't want to wear a dress, as she felt utterly uncomfortable while wearing them. Instead she decided to wear some skinny jeans with a yellow flowy shirt and flats. Not too bad. She put her hair up in a tight ballerina-style bun with a few strands of her red hair floating down. She put her laptop in a bag so she could work on a story she was writing at the party. She hopped into the car with her family and they were off to the party. Hermione, Rose's mum, noticed Rose's computer bag.

        "I'm fine with you bringing your laptop as long as you pay your family some attention." Hermione said, keeping her eyes on the road. She was the one who usually drove, with Rose's father, Ron, in the passenger seat. Everyone could agree that Hermione was the better driver.

        "I will." Rose promised, looking out the window at the highway.

        "Yeah right." Said her brother, Hugo, who was in the seat next to her.

        "Whatever, Hugo." Rose rolled her eyes. She looked at him and he gave her a sly smile. The thing was, Hugo was the only one who knew Rose was friends with Scorpius Malfoy, the son of her parent's enemy. Little did she know that was all about to change.

        When they arrived, music was blaring. Rose said hello to her family and grabbed some of her favorite candy, Chocolate Frogs. She sat down at a on the back porch where the music wasn't as loud. She opened her laptop to see she had gotten a new email. 

        Hey Rose, guess what? I got a new laptop from my mum! Lately she has been bombarding me with random things I don't need. I think she feels bad about the divorce. Well, I'm learning how to figure this thing out. I don't even know where my mum got it. She probably doesn't even know what it is. I can't imagine how Gloria will react. See you at school. Oh and one more thing I remembered your email from when you were checking your computer, don't worry, I'm not a stalker.

                                                                         Sincerely, Scorpius

        Rose almost spat out the Chocolate Frog she was eating. Scorpius using something meant for a Muggle? Wow. Scorpius' mum buying him something meant for a Muggle? Almost funny. And what divorce? Rose typed back, wondering how in the world Scorpius managed to even send an email.

        Hello, I can't believe you got a laptop. I will have to show you the ins and outs of the Muggle technology world. Your parents got a divorce? By the way, I'm going to Diagon Alley tomorrow as it's my birthday. Tomorrow I'll be twelve! Hope to see you soon.

                                                                                 Rose.

        All of a sudden, her cousin Albus was at her side.

        "What are you doing?" He asked. Rose put a strand of hair behind her ear.

        "Writing." She replied, one hand on the keyboard, the other fidgeting with the end of her shirt.

        "You are the worst liar the world has ever seen." Albus said. Rose didn't know what to say, so she forced a nervous laugh.

        "I feel like you've been keeping secrets." Said Albus. He gave her a look that said, 'I know what you're hiding.'