Chapter Five: Rose's Not-So-Good First Day

Picture: Drawing of the Weird Sisters by: Echo Cafe

        Rose was relaxing on the couch of the Gryffindor common room. She was reading a book. She felt her eyes slowly drooping so she decided to go to bed. She slowly climbed into her bed which was across from Azalea. Rose drifted off to sleep. The next morning, Rose woke up to Azalea and Alice, who were singing wildly into their hairbrushes. Rose yawned.

        "I'm not even going to ask." She said, getting ready for the first day of school.

        "It's the Weird Sisters' new song!" Exclaimed Azalea.

        "Oh." Said Rose, putting on her robes.

        "What do you mean, 'oh'? The Weird Sisters are the best!" Said Alice.

        "I never really got into them. I'm more of a fan of Muggle music." Rose said, putting her hair into a messy bun.

        "Muggle music is good." Admitted Azalea. Alice nodded.

        Rose stuck her wand in her boot and grabbed her bag.

         "Your hair!" Exclaimed Azalea. Alice nudged Azalea.

        "It's, um, cool..." Azalea tried to be nice. Alice rolled her eyes. Rose left before Azalea could say anything she would regret.

        "Where is she going? It's not even time for breakfast." Said Alice.

        "No clue." Sighed Azalea.

        Rose walked through the corridors. Before she had left she emailed Scorpius to meet her. Just as she was about to turn the corner, she heard Headmistress McGonagall and Professor Chase talking. 

        "The Muggleborns aren't safe! We've been threatened and it's only the first day." Said Professor Chase.

        "I can see your concern, but there isn't a day where Hogwarts isn't being threatened. I will do what I can to make sure the students are safe, as always." McGonagall replied. They walked away.

        Rose was only a little bit afraid. She knew what a good Headmistress McGonagall was, and she trusted her. She checked her watch. It was breakfast time, finally. Rose walked along the empty corridor, the sun streaming through the enormous windows. She sat down at a table and started eating as everyone piled in through the doors in a stampede of students. And with the students came the noise. Azalea, Charlie, and Albus sat in front of her, while Matthew and Alice sat on either side of her. Rose looked around the Great Hall. She caught Scorpius' eye.

        "Sorry." He mouthed. Rose guessed he was apologizing for not being able to meet her. Rose nodded in reply.

        "Who or what are you looking at?" Matthew asked.

        "Sc-" Albus started but was cut off by Rose.

        "Al!" Exclaimed Rose, giving him a warning look.

        "Who?" Asked Azalea eagerly.

        "No one." Rose muttered and left the table. She left the Great Hall and went into a corridor. She sat down on a large windowsill and read. Suddenly her peace was interrupted.

        "You're friends with this mudblood?" Rose looked up from her book quickly, her glasses almost falling off. Scorpius stood there with Xavier.

        "Shut up!" Said Scorpius. Rose pushed her reading glasses back up. She couldn't believe what was happening. She could barely speak.

        "Y- You know?" Said Rose, not even looking at Xavier.