Chapter Seven: Quidditch Tryouts

On Friday night, Rose stayed in the library with Scorpius until the librarian had to literally kick them out. Rose had told Scorpius and only Scorpius that she would be trying out the next day.

        "You're so strange." Scorpius said as they made their way down a dark corridor.

        "Why would you say that?" She asked him, tightening her ponytail.

        "Instead of actually practicing for tryouts, you study for them. You are definitely the nerdiest person of all time." Scorpius said. Rose nodded.

        "That's just how I roll." Rose skipped ahead of him.

        "What are you doing?" He asked, catching up to her.

        "Showing you I live a dangerous life." Rose said, skipping some more.

        "Running down the hall. Such a rule breaker." Scorpius rolled his eyes.

        Soon, they approached Scorpius' dorm. They told each other goodnight and Rose walked by herself to her own dorm. She silently crawled in her bed across from Azalea. This is usually what she did. Went to bed after Azalea went to sleep. Leave the dorm before Azalea woke up. Anything to avoid her.

        "Good luck with tryouts." Azalea said which startled Rose. She realized Azalea was talking to Alice.

        "Thanks." Alice yawned on the other side of the room.

        The next morning, Rose woke up early. Earlier than anyone in her dorm. She was feeling nervous. She got ready for Quidditch tryouts. She had no idea what to wear, so she just wore some jeans and a long sleeved red shirt. She braided her hair and put on her boots. Just before she left the dorm, she grabbed some library books to return and left. She put some headphones on and listened to Muggle rock songs as she dropped off her books. Being her bookworm self, she checked out a few more books. She ate breakfast with barely anyone at her table. The morning sun shone through the tall windows as a slow song came on her IPod. After she finished eating, she walked to the Great Lake where she and her friends sat the year before. She looked across the lake and felt the morning air give her chills. Her hair was still a bit wet from her morning shower. Rose laid back and looked at the clouds. She thought about her family and how much she missed them already. She closed her eyes for a minute and then opened them again to see Scorpius' face with his usual stupid complexion leaning over her. She took off her headphones. 

        "Yes, Pureblood?" She sat up.

        "Are you in one of your moods again?" He rolled his eyes. His light hair was all ruffled up. It looked soft and feather like. Rose almost wanted to touch it. Her eyes followed him as he sat down next to her.

        She snapped out of it. "What do you want? I was listening to Aerosmith."

        "Who?"

        "It's a Muggle band." Replied Rose.

        "Oh." Said Scorpius. Out of the blue he said, "I'm guessing you're nervous about Quidditch." 

        "Why would you say that?" Rose asked.

        "You're fidgeting with your clothes. You always do that when you're nervous." Said Scorpius. Rose realized she was playing with her sleeve and stopped.

        "Gloria is almost half way better. Almost." Scorpius said, looking across the water.

         "That's good." Said Rose. She checked her watch. Quidditch tryouts were soon. A mixture of excitement and nervousness boiled up in her stomach. Like two butterflies were fighting to death inside. She shakily stood up and so did Scorpius.