Chapter Two: King's Cross

That night Scorpius had trouble sleeping. He was worried about Gloria. She'd sent him a letter the night before saying she might be transported to St. Mungo's if she didn't get better. The next morning it was time to go to Hogwarts. Scorpius got everything ready.

        "Got everything?" Astoria, Scorpius' mum, asked. She was as pale as a ghost.

        "Yes I'm ready." Replied Scorpius.

        Later they arrived just as the Hogwarts Express came into the train station.

        "Good luck on tryouts!" Astoria shouted as Scorpius boarded the Hogwarts Express.

        "Love you! Bye!" Scorpius shouted back.

        Scorpius made his way back to the compartment where he sat the year before. He saw his friends waiting for him there. His friends still pretty much looked the same. Xavier and Zac; the dark haired boys who looked like brothers, and Elise with her curly, brown hair. And of course Faith, who Scorpius thought looked like Wednesday Addams, that girl from the Muggle movie Rose liked. Zac smiled at Scorpius, then looked behind him, his smile fading.

        "Where's Gloria?" Zac asked.

        "She didn't tell you?" Scorpius asked him.

        "Tell me what?" Asked Zac.

        "Well, she told me." Said Xavier.

        "Tell you what?!" Zac raised his voice.

        "She's very sick. She came to Hogwarts early and is in the Hospital Wing." Said Xavier.

        "Why didn't she tell the rest of us?" Elise asked.

        "She's very sick, so Madam Pomfrey only let her write to a few people." Said Xavier. It was silent for a while after that.

        "How sick is she?" Elise asked, her voice hoarse.

        "She might have to go to St. Mungo's." Said Scorpius.

        "What are her symptoms?" Asked Zac.

        "She's just been really weak and having bad headaches, hallucination, things like that." Answered Xavier.

       "Does she get sick a lot?" Elise asked.

        "Yeah, she says she has a weak immune system." Scorpius answered.

        "Xemophilaxious." Faith said quietly, her french accent heavy in her voice.

        "What?" Asked Xavier, taken aback. Scorpius didn't know if it was because of what Faith had said or the fact that Faith had spoken at all or both.

        "Zat's vat it sounds like she has. Wizard disease." Faith said, still turning the pages in her book which was apparently about the anatomy of a human body.

        "That sounds bad." Said Zac. Faith slowly nodded.

        "Well I hope she's okay." Elise said, trying to be positive.

        "I'm going to skip dinner to see her." Said Scorpius. Xavier shook his head.

        "No. You might get in trouble. Slytherin can't lose points this early." He said.

        "I agree." Said Zac.

        But Scorpius was already planning to see her.

        "Zere's no ztopping 'im." Faith said. Elise just sighed, looked away, and mumbled something about how Slytherin was going to lose points anyway. 

        Soon enough the candy lady came around. Elise bought everyone some Chocolate Frogs.

        "I'll take her some Chocolate Frogs." Said Scorpius.

        "That might not be the best idea..." Said Zac.

        "No, take zem. It will cheer her up." Said Faith.