·*◟ n i n e ◜‧*·

責め苛む excruciate | 章 ❾

                      it was a surprisingly nippy monday morning when a loud knock from the door echoed through the walls of my house. i got up from my seat before finishing my breakfast to rush to the door.

it was taehyung so i didn't hesitate to open the door.

" good morning. " i said cheerfully but my smile faded when i saw blood oozing down his lips. his left eye blotched and bruised.

i placed a hand over my mouth to contain a gasp but he hurriedly entered the house.

" what happened? " i asked with utter concern. i immediately closed the door while he took a seat on the couch. i uneasily searched for something to cleanse his wound.

" some guys beat me up. " he let out a mocking chuckle while running a hand through his hair. i quickly took a seat next to him while positioning the basin of water on my lap.

" this might sting a bit. " i mumbled before dabbing the cloth of water to cleanse the blood from his lips.

he shut his eyes as soon as he felt the sting and to my surprise, he placed a hand on my knee to tolerate the pain. his touch was cold, literally like ice as his hand clasped tightly on my knee. i flinched a bit before continually removing any remnants of blood. i then moved to his left eye to put some pressure on the affected area.

" apply some pressure on this, will you? " i said as i grabbed hold of his hand to press the soaked cloth on his left eye. he opened his eyes, looking at me while i remove the basin off my lap.

" why did they do this to you? " i asked. " and at this time of day? " i glanced at the wall clock as it hit 9 am.

" i tried to visit my parents because i was eager to see my mom but as i walk to their house, apparently, some guys beat me up before i even reach the house. "

" do you know these people? "

" they despise me, even before so whenever they see me, they get heated up by my presence. "

" for what reason? "

" they just hate me because they wanted somebody to kick around. "  i looked at him with curiosity. there has to be a reason though.

" they're probably jealous because their girlfriends adore me more that them. " he jokingly said. " and in my previous village, people are easily angered with each other so fights are held in usual basis. "

he dropped the cloth from his affected eye while squinting.

i grabbed some ointment to apply to his sore lip but as i placed some on my fingers, i hesitated to dab it on his lips because of awkwardness. my fingers, suspended on the space between us while i purse my lips, torn if i'll dab my fingers on his lips or not.

before i motioned the ointment for him to apply some, he grabbed my finger swiftly and dabbed it on the affected area of his lips.

his lips were really soft and gentle to touch. it's a shame that it's now affected with a wound.

i was completely startled by the swift action but instantly, i was caught up with his eyes staring deeply into mine as he scooted closer to me. he turned his face directly in front of mine as he continued pressing my finger softly on the wound of his lips.

" uh―" i mumbled looking away from him but then he dropped his grip on my hand only to lean closer to my face.

i placed my hands on his chest to cease him from leaning even more but as i shifted my eyes to him, he was looking at my lips. he inched closer until i can feel his breath terrifyingly nearing my lips.

i was completely disturbed by the action so i had no choice but to stand. i watch as his face turned in disappointment while leaning back at the couch.

" i'm leaving. " taehyung puffed as he steadied himself from standing up. " thanks for your concern and your aid. "

i watch as he made his way to the door while deliberately shaking his head from side to side. before proceeding in going out of the house, he turned around.

"also," he paused. " sorry for making you uncomfortable. "

he flashed a sheepish smile before finally leaving the house.

what was that all about?

but i did again.

i showed him how uncomfortable i feel around him.

i never intended to let him know.

i hate it.